Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Sounds as though Cam Fowler‘s “upper body” injury will keep him out for at least another week.
The Ducks defensman, who hasn’t played since getting hit by Jarret Stoll in last Saturday’s 7-4 win over the Kings, is unlikely to play in any of Anaheim’s next three games — Tuesday’s contest in Chicago, Friday’s in Detroit or Saturday’s in Nashville, according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
It’s unclear what’s specifically ailing Fowler. The nature of the Stoll hit and subsequent reports (the Register said it was “an apparent head injury“) are leading some to suspect it’s a concussion, but the Ducks haven’t issued any statement confirming or denying.
All that can be confirmed is the injury has taken away a healthy chunk of Fowler’s season.
He’s missed the last four contests and given his doubtful status for the upcoming roadie, could be out for seven — nearly 15 percent of the 48-game regular season.
One has to wonder if Fowler’s injury situation — and the possibility of it being long-term was related to Anaheim’s acquisition of Ben Lovejoy last week.
Lovejoy jumped straight into the Ducks lineup after coming over from Pittsburgh, with his ice time growing from 16:20 in his Anaheim debut to 17:58 in Saturday’s win over St. Louis.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)