Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Sounds as though Cam Fowler‘s “upper body” injury will keep him out for at least another week.
The Ducks defensman, who hasn’t played since getting hit by Jarret Stoll in last Saturday’s 7-4 win over the Kings, is unlikely to play in any of Anaheim’s next three games — Tuesday’s contest in Chicago, Friday’s in Detroit or Saturday’s in Nashville, according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
It’s unclear what’s specifically ailing Fowler. The nature of the Stoll hit and subsequent reports (the Register said it was “an apparent head injury“) are leading some to suspect it’s a concussion, but the Ducks haven’t issued any statement confirming or denying.
All that can be confirmed is the injury has taken away a healthy chunk of Fowler’s season.
He’s missed the last four contests and given his doubtful status for the upcoming roadie, could be out for seven — nearly 15 percent of the 48-game regular season.
One has to wonder if Fowler’s injury situation — and the possibility of it being long-term was related to Anaheim’s acquisition of Ben Lovejoy last week.
Lovejoy jumped straight into the Ducks lineup after coming over from Pittsburgh, with his ice time growing from 16:20 in his Anaheim debut to 17:58 in Saturday’s win over St. Louis.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 33
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 23
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 31
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)