Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Sounds as though Cam Fowler‘s “upper body” injury will keep him out for at least another week.
The Ducks defensman, who hasn’t played since getting hit by Jarret Stoll in last Saturday’s 7-4 win over the Kings, is unlikely to play in any of Anaheim’s next three games — Tuesday’s contest in Chicago, Friday’s in Detroit or Saturday’s in Nashville, according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
It’s unclear what’s specifically ailing Fowler. The nature of the Stoll hit and subsequent reports (the Register said it was “an apparent head injury“) are leading some to suspect it’s a concussion, but the Ducks haven’t issued any statement confirming or denying.
All that can be confirmed is the injury has taken away a healthy chunk of Fowler’s season.
He’s missed the last four contests and given his doubtful status for the upcoming roadie, could be out for seven — nearly 15 percent of the 48-game regular season.
One has to wonder if Fowler’s injury situation — and the possibility of it being long-term was related to Anaheim’s acquisition of Ben Lovejoy last week.
Lovejoy jumped straight into the Ducks lineup after coming over from Pittsburgh, with his ice time growing from 16:20 in his Anaheim debut to 17:58 in Saturday’s win over St. Louis.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)