Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Sounds as though Cam Fowler‘s “upper body” injury will keep him out for at least another week.
The Ducks defensman, who hasn’t played since getting hit by Jarret Stoll in last Saturday’s 7-4 win over the Kings, is unlikely to play in any of Anaheim’s next three games — Tuesday’s contest in Chicago, Friday’s in Detroit or Saturday’s in Nashville, according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
It’s unclear what’s specifically ailing Fowler. The nature of the Stoll hit and subsequent reports (the Register said it was “an apparent head injury“) are leading some to suspect it’s a concussion, but the Ducks haven’t issued any statement confirming or denying.
All that can be confirmed is the injury has taken away a healthy chunk of Fowler’s season.
He’s missed the last four contests and given his doubtful status for the upcoming roadie, could be out for seven — nearly 15 percent of the 48-game regular season.
One has to wonder if Fowler’s injury situation — and the possibility of it being long-term was related to Anaheim’s acquisition of Ben Lovejoy last week.
Lovejoy jumped straight into the Ducks lineup after coming over from Pittsburgh, with his ice time growing from 16:20 in his Anaheim debut to 17:58 in Saturday’s win over St. Louis.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (85)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)