Feb 11, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Sounds as though Cam Fowler‘s “upper body” injury will keep him out for at least another week.
The Ducks defensman, who hasn’t played since getting hit by Jarret Stoll in last Saturday’s 7-4 win over the Kings, is unlikely to play in any of Anaheim’s next three games — Tuesday’s contest in Chicago, Friday’s in Detroit or Saturday’s in Nashville, according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
It’s unclear what’s specifically ailing Fowler. The nature of the Stoll hit and subsequent reports (the Register said it was “an apparent head injury“) are leading some to suspect it’s a concussion, but the Ducks haven’t issued any statement confirming or denying.
All that can be confirmed is the injury has taken away a healthy chunk of Fowler’s season.
He’s missed the last four contests and given his doubtful status for the upcoming roadie, could be out for seven — nearly 15 percent of the 48-game regular season.
One has to wonder if Fowler’s injury situation — and the possibility of it being long-term was related to Anaheim’s acquisition of Ben Lovejoy last week.
Lovejoy jumped straight into the Ducks lineup after coming over from Pittsburgh, with his ice time growing from 16:20 in his Anaheim debut to 17:58 in Saturday’s win over St. Louis.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 16
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (124)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)