Feb 6, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
There was a trade Wednesday night, albeit a minor one.
The undrafted Lovejoy, 28, had appeared in three games for the Penguins this season, averaging just over 13 minutes of ice time.
Lovejoy played his college hockey at Boston College and then Dartmouth College, before joining the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League.
He made his NHL debut on Dec. 8, 2008. His best season with the Penguins came in 2010-11, when he scored three goals and had 17 points in just 47 games played.
Lovejoy will join a Ducks team that has won three straight and is challenging the San Jose Sharks for top spot in the Pacific Division.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 10
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)