Feb 8, 2013, 11:31 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks lost to the Dallas Stars Friday night, but it could have been worse.
Viktor Fasth finished the game in goal for Anaheim, stopping 11 of 12 shots faced.
For Benn, it was his fourth goal of the season. Drawing an assist was defenseman Alex Goligoski.
The 27-year-old blue liner, who is locked into a four-year $18.4 million contract with the Stars, was a healthy scratch Wednesday against the Edmonton Oilers.
Goligoski called the move to sit him a “slap.”
Nick Bonino scored Anaheim’s lone goal of the evening.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31