Feb 2, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Good news, Islanders fans. Not only is your team tied atop the Atlantic Division but Josh Bailey is getting closer to returning.
The team shared news that Bailey joined the team during today’s practice and he worked on the fourth line. Bailey was injured while playing in Germany during the lockout and that caused the team to suspend him.
The issue for Bailey now is he’ll have a battle on his hands to get back into the lineup. Keith Aucoin has taken advantage of opportunity to lock up a spot on the third line while Marty Reasoner centers the fourth line. Having a little competition to earn a starting spot is never usually a bad thing.
Bailey had 13 goals and 32 points last season for the Isles in 80 games.
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 3
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 21
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 12
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 73
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (87)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)