Feb 2, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Good news, Islanders fans. Not only is your team tied atop the Atlantic Division but Josh Bailey is getting closer to returning.
The team shared news that Bailey joined the team during today’s practice and he worked on the fourth line. Bailey was injured while playing in Germany during the lockout and that caused the team to suspend him.
The issue for Bailey now is he’ll have a battle on his hands to get back into the lineup. Keith Aucoin has taken advantage of opportunity to lock up a spot on the third line while Marty Reasoner centers the fourth line. Having a little competition to earn a starting spot is never usually a bad thing.
Bailey had 13 goals and 32 points last season for the Isles in 80 games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)