Feb 2, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Good news, Islanders fans. Not only is your team tied atop the Atlantic Division but Josh Bailey is getting closer to returning.
The team shared news that Bailey joined the team during today’s practice and he worked on the fourth line. Bailey was injured while playing in Germany during the lockout and that caused the team to suspend him.
The issue for Bailey now is he’ll have a battle on his hands to get back into the lineup. Keith Aucoin has taken advantage of opportunity to lock up a spot on the third line while Marty Reasoner centers the fourth line. Having a little competition to earn a starting spot is never usually a bad thing.
Bailey had 13 goals and 32 points last season for the Isles in 80 games.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63