Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Bailey, 23, was the Isles’ first-round pick (ninth overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and jumped immediately to the NHL. As such, he’s already a veteran of four seasons — 291 games, and he only turned 23 in October.
This season promises to be crucial the former OHL Owen Sound standout. He’s in the final year of a two-year, $2.1 million deal signed with the Isles in 2011 and will become a restricted free agent next summer.
Eventually, he’ll need to have a noteworthy offensive breakout. Bailey’s best season came in 2009-10, when he racked up 16G-19A-35PTS in 73 games — since then, his production has tailed slightly and his average ice time plateaued at 15:13 last season. (Though he did appear in a career-high 80 games.)
With Bietigheim-Bissingen, Bailey will play alongside San Jose Sharks forward T.J. Galiardi, who inked with the club in October.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)