Feb 2, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
Katie Carrera of The Washington Post tweets that Erskine has a 2 p.m. hearing with the league to determine his punishment for the flagrant shot. Erskine has no suspension history, but the blatant blow to Simmonds’ head will likely earn him some time off.
In case you missed it, here’s video of the play (and fight) thanks to CSNPhilly.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5