Feb 2, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
Katie Carrera of The Washington Post tweets that Erskine has a 2 p.m. hearing with the league to determine his punishment for the flagrant shot. Erskine has no suspension history, but the blatant blow to Simmonds’ head will likely earn him some time off.
In case you missed it, here’s video of the play (and fight) thanks to CSNPhilly.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6