Feb 1, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers finished the first period of Friday’s game without a goal, but the first 20 minutes were anything but uneventful.
There was blood on the ice when Simmonds was finally able to skate to the bench and he wasn’t with the Flyers for the start of the second period, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. However, Erskine was not penalized for his actions.
If you want to see the entire incident, you can do so below:
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28