Feb 1, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers finished the first period of Friday’s game without a goal, but the first 20 minutes were anything but uneventful.
There was blood on the ice when Simmonds was finally able to skate to the bench and he wasn’t with the Flyers for the start of the second period, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. However, Erskine was not penalized for his actions.
If you want to see the entire incident, you can do so below:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5