Feb 1, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers finished the first period of Friday’s game without a goal, but the first 20 minutes were anything but uneventful.
There was blood on the ice when Simmonds was finally able to skate to the bench and he wasn’t with the Flyers for the start of the second period, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. However, Erskine was not penalized for his actions.
If you want to see the entire incident, you can do so below:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54