Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
It looks like forward Zach Boychuk will make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut in style. He’s projected to play on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal Saturday afternoon, according to the Penguins’ official website.
Boychuk, 23, was claimed by the Penguins on Thursday after playing in 73 career games with the Carolina Hurricanes over parts of five seasons.
He never lived up to expectations after being selected with the 14th pick in 2008, but he has demonstrated his offensive skills in the minors.
“For me to jump into a game (Saturday) is the best way to do it,” Boychuk said. “I don’t want to be waiting and getting anxious. I want to get right into it. Getting to play with Malkin and Neal is pretty exciting. Hopefully, I can show my stuff and help the team.”
Pittsburgh will play against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)