Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
It looks like forward Zach Boychuk will make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut in style. He’s projected to play on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal Saturday afternoon, according to the Penguins’ official website.
Boychuk, 23, was claimed by the Penguins on Thursday after playing in 73 career games with the Carolina Hurricanes over parts of five seasons.
He never lived up to expectations after being selected with the 14th pick in 2008, but he has demonstrated his offensive skills in the minors.
“For me to jump into a game (Saturday) is the best way to do it,” Boychuk said. “I don’t want to be waiting and getting anxious. I want to get right into it. Getting to play with Malkin and Neal is pretty exciting. Hopefully, I can show my stuff and help the team.”
Pittsburgh will play against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 6
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 8
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 46
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)