Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
It looks like forward Zach Boychuk will make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut in style. He’s projected to play on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal Saturday afternoon, according to the Penguins’ official website.
Boychuk, 23, was claimed by the Penguins on Thursday after playing in 73 career games with the Carolina Hurricanes over parts of five seasons.
He never lived up to expectations after being selected with the 14th pick in 2008, but he has demonstrated his offensive skills in the minors.
“For me to jump into a game (Saturday) is the best way to do it,” Boychuk said. “I don’t want to be waiting and getting anxious. I want to get right into it. Getting to play with Malkin and Neal is pretty exciting. Hopefully, I can show my stuff and help the team.”
Pittsburgh will play against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12