Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
It looks like forward Zach Boychuk will make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut in style. He’s projected to play on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal Saturday afternoon, according to the Penguins’ official website.
Boychuk, 23, was claimed by the Penguins on Thursday after playing in 73 career games with the Carolina Hurricanes over parts of five seasons.
He never lived up to expectations after being selected with the 14th pick in 2008, but he has demonstrated his offensive skills in the minors.
“For me to jump into a game (Saturday) is the best way to do it,” Boychuk said. “I don’t want to be waiting and getting anxious. I want to get right into it. Getting to play with Malkin and Neal is pretty exciting. Hopefully, I can show my stuff and help the team.”
Pittsburgh will play against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)