Feb 1, 2013, 7:33 PM EST
It looks like forward Zach Boychuk will make his Pittsburgh Penguins debut in style. He’s projected to play on a line with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal Saturday afternoon, according to the Penguins’ official website.
Boychuk, 23, was claimed by the Penguins on Thursday after playing in 73 career games with the Carolina Hurricanes over parts of five seasons.
He never lived up to expectations after being selected with the 14th pick in 2008, but he has demonstrated his offensive skills in the minors.
“For me to jump into a game (Saturday) is the best way to do it,” Boychuk said. “I don’t want to be waiting and getting anxious. I want to get right into it. Getting to play with Malkin and Neal is pretty exciting. Hopefully, I can show my stuff and help the team.”
Pittsburgh will play against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday and the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)