Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
White, 28, skated with the Wings this morning; Detroit hosts St. Louis tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
“I was actually hoping to play today because I was skating for a few days now, felt fine,” White said, per MLive.com. “But then the doctor explained if you fall and that leg jack-knifes it’ll blow everything up in there.
“I’m aiming for Tuesday, we’ll see. It gets a little bit better every day and hopefully I’ll be back then.”
The Wings are in Columbus Saturday before flying home to play Calgary on Tuesday.
Detroit is 2-0-1 in the three games it’s played without White, but his injury — along with the absence of defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo — has further stretched a blue line that’s already been forced to deal with the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)