Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
White, 28, skated with the Wings this morning; Detroit hosts St. Louis tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
“I was actually hoping to play today because I was skating for a few days now, felt fine,” White said, per MLive.com. “But then the doctor explained if you fall and that leg jack-knifes it’ll blow everything up in there.
“I’m aiming for Tuesday, we’ll see. It gets a little bit better every day and hopefully I’ll be back then.”
The Wings are in Columbus Saturday before flying home to play Calgary on Tuesday.
Detroit is 2-0-1 in the three games it’s played without White, but his injury — along with the absence of defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo — has further stretched a blue line that’s already been forced to deal with the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11