Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
White, 28, skated with the Wings this morning; Detroit hosts St. Louis tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
“I was actually hoping to play today because I was skating for a few days now, felt fine,” White said, per MLive.com. “But then the doctor explained if you fall and that leg jack-knifes it’ll blow everything up in there.
“I’m aiming for Tuesday, we’ll see. It gets a little bit better every day and hopefully I’ll be back then.”
The Wings are in Columbus Saturday before flying home to play Calgary on Tuesday.
Detroit is 2-0-1 in the three games it’s played without White, but his injury — along with the absence of defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo — has further stretched a blue line that’s already been forced to deal with the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)