Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
White, 28, skated with the Wings this morning; Detroit hosts St. Louis tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
“I was actually hoping to play today because I was skating for a few days now, felt fine,” White said, per MLive.com. “But then the doctor explained if you fall and that leg jack-knifes it’ll blow everything up in there.
“I’m aiming for Tuesday, we’ll see. It gets a little bit better every day and hopefully I’ll be back then.”
The Wings are in Columbus Saturday before flying home to play Calgary on Tuesday.
Detroit is 2-0-1 in the three games it’s played without White, but his injury — along with the absence of defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo — has further stretched a blue line that’s already been forced to deal with the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)