Feb 1, 2013, 1:25 PM EDT
White, 28, skated with the Wings this morning; Detroit hosts St. Louis tonight at Joe Louis Arena.
“I was actually hoping to play today because I was skating for a few days now, felt fine,” White said, per MLive.com. “But then the doctor explained if you fall and that leg jack-knifes it’ll blow everything up in there.
“I’m aiming for Tuesday, we’ll see. It gets a little bit better every day and hopefully I’ll be back then.”
The Wings are in Columbus Saturday before flying home to play Calgary on Tuesday.
Detroit is 2-0-1 in the three games it’s played without White, but his injury — along with the absence of defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo — has further stretched a blue line that’s already been forced to deal with the departures of Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5