Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
At this point, it’s downright dangerous to be a member of the Detroit Red Wings.
White’s injury is just the latest on the team’s back end.
Yesterday, the Wings were forced to sign veteran defenseman Kent Huskins after it was learned Carlo Colaiacovo could miss as much as a month with a shoulder injury.
No word when another injured Detroit d-man, Jonathan Ericsson (hip, day-to-day), will return.
On the bright side, Jakub Kindl is expected to return to the lineup Friday against Minnesota.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)