Jan 23, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
At this point, it’s downright dangerous to be a member of the Detroit Red Wings.
White’s injury is just the latest on the team’s back end.
Yesterday, the Wings were forced to sign veteran defenseman Kent Huskins after it was learned Carlo Colaiacovo could miss as much as a month with a shoulder injury.
No word when another injured Detroit d-man, Jonathan Ericsson (hip, day-to-day), will return.
On the bright side, Jakub Kindl is expected to return to the lineup Friday against Minnesota.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)