Feb 1, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers got more bad news on the injury front Friday as news broke that Scottie Upshall would be out a month with an ankle issue.
Health-wise, Florida has been a disaster as of late.
On Thursday, the team announced captain Ed Jovanovski would miss at least two games with a knee issue, putting him on the shelf alongside Stephen Weiss (groin), Sean Bergenheim (groin) and Erik Gudbranson (shoulder).
Upshall, 29, has appeared in all seven games for the Panthers this season, scoring one goal while averaging 14 minutes per night.
It appears he was injured during a third period fight with Winnipeg’s James Wright during Thursday’s 6-3 win:
That incident ended Upshall’s night — he racked up nine penalty minutes and didn’t play another shift in the game.
Upshall signed a four-year, $14 million deal with the Panthers in 2011, and has spent most of his time in Sunrise dealing with injuries.
He only played in 26 games during the 2011-12 season, missing extensive time with an upper-body injury and a sports hernia.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)