Feb 1, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers got more bad news on the injury front Friday as news broke that Scottie Upshall would be out a month with an ankle issue.
Health-wise, Florida has been a disaster as of late.
On Thursday, the team announced captain Ed Jovanovski would miss at least two games with a knee issue, putting him on the shelf alongside Stephen Weiss (groin), Sean Bergenheim (groin) and Erik Gudbranson (shoulder).
Upshall, 29, has appeared in all seven games for the Panthers this season, scoring one goal while averaging 14 minutes per night.
It appears he was injured during a third period fight with Winnipeg’s James Wright during Thursday’s 6-3 win:
That incident ended Upshall’s night — he racked up nine penalty minutes and didn’t play another shift in the game.
Upshall signed a four-year, $14 million deal with the Panthers in 2011, and has spent most of his time in Sunrise dealing with injuries.
He only played in 26 games during the 2011-12 season, missing extensive time with an upper-body injury and a sports hernia.
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)