Jan 27, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the NHL will not be taking further action against Stuart for his crushing bodycheck that sparked a fight with Ryan O’Byrne. That fight then led to a prolonged Sharks power play that saw Patrick Marleau score twice on.
While the hit sent Landeskog to the “quiet room” he did return to the game and finished up without further issue. Afterwards, Landeskog said he found nothing wrong with Stuart’s play as CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports.
“I haven’t seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit,” he said. “No elbow, but it was hard, I’ll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up. That’s the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”
Should Stuart have at least gotten a phone call from Brendan Shanahan to talk about it? Have a look at it again and decide.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8