Jan 27, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the NHL will not be taking further action against Stuart for his crushing bodycheck that sparked a fight with Ryan O’Byrne. That fight then led to a prolonged Sharks power play that saw Patrick Marleau score twice on.
While the hit sent Landeskog to the “quiet room” he did return to the game and finished up without further issue. Afterwards, Landeskog said he found nothing wrong with Stuart’s play as CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports.
“I haven’t seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit,” he said. “No elbow, but it was hard, I’ll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up. That’s the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”
Should Stuart have at least gotten a phone call from Brendan Shanahan to talk about it? Have a look at it again and decide.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)