Jan 27, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the NHL will not be taking further action against Stuart for his crushing bodycheck that sparked a fight with Ryan O’Byrne. That fight then led to a prolonged Sharks power play that saw Patrick Marleau score twice on.
While the hit sent Landeskog to the “quiet room” he did return to the game and finished up without further issue. Afterwards, Landeskog said he found nothing wrong with Stuart’s play as CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports.
“I haven’t seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit,” he said. “No elbow, but it was hard, I’ll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up. That’s the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”
Should Stuart have at least gotten a phone call from Brendan Shanahan to talk about it? Have a look at it again and decide.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL