Jan 27, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports the NHL will not be taking further action against Stuart for his crushing bodycheck that sparked a fight with Ryan O’Byrne. That fight then led to a prolonged Sharks power play that saw Patrick Marleau score twice on.
While the hit sent Landeskog to the “quiet room” he did return to the game and finished up without further issue. Afterwards, Landeskog said he found nothing wrong with Stuart’s play as CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports.
“I haven’t seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit,” he said. “No elbow, but it was hard, I’ll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up. That’s the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”
Should Stuart have at least gotten a phone call from Brendan Shanahan to talk about it? Have a look at it again and decide.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 9
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)