Jan 26, 2013, 1:23 AM EST
Of course, every goalie will have a rough start from time to time and how he responds to failure, especially while under the pressure of a new role and contract, can be telling. In Schneider’s case, he’s worked hard to prove that he’s ready to take over as Vancouver’s number one goaltender.
Schneider turned aside 34 shots in Vancouver’s 3-2 shootout win on Wednesday and then posted a 30-save shutout in his rematch against the Ducks on Friday.
Not that the Vancouver Canucks needed perfection from Schneider tonight. They would have been able to make do with adequate.
The Ducks accumulated 31 penalty minutes and Vancouver scored three times on a staggering seven power-play opportunities. Mason Raymond scored twice and Daniel Sedin netted the game-winner in Vancouver’s 5-0 victory.
The Canucks will get Saturday off before they enter a stretch of three games in four nights. With that in mind, it probably won’t be too long before goaltender Roberto Luongo gets his second start of the season, despite Schneider’s solid play.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)