Jan 26, 2013, 1:23 AM EST
Of course, every goalie will have a rough start from time to time and how he responds to failure, especially while under the pressure of a new role and contract, can be telling. In Schneider’s case, he’s worked hard to prove that he’s ready to take over as Vancouver’s number one goaltender.
Schneider turned aside 34 shots in Vancouver’s 3-2 shootout win on Wednesday and then posted a 30-save shutout in his rematch against the Ducks on Friday.
Not that the Vancouver Canucks needed perfection from Schneider tonight. They would have been able to make do with adequate.
The Ducks accumulated 31 penalty minutes and Vancouver scored three times on a staggering seven power-play opportunities. Mason Raymond scored twice and Daniel Sedin netted the game-winner in Vancouver’s 5-0 victory.
The Canucks will get Saturday off before they enter a stretch of three games in four nights. With that in mind, it probably won’t be too long before goaltender Roberto Luongo gets his second start of the season, despite Schneider’s solid play.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)