Jan 26, 2013, 1:23 AM EDT
Of course, every goalie will have a rough start from time to time and how he responds to failure, especially while under the pressure of a new role and contract, can be telling. In Schneider’s case, he’s worked hard to prove that he’s ready to take over as Vancouver’s number one goaltender.
Schneider turned aside 34 shots in Vancouver’s 3-2 shootout win on Wednesday and then posted a 30-save shutout in his rematch against the Ducks on Friday.
Not that the Vancouver Canucks needed perfection from Schneider tonight. They would have been able to make do with adequate.
The Ducks accumulated 31 penalty minutes and Vancouver scored three times on a staggering seven power-play opportunities. Mason Raymond scored twice and Daniel Sedin netted the game-winner in Vancouver’s 5-0 victory.
The Canucks will get Saturday off before they enter a stretch of three games in four nights. With that in mind, it probably won’t be too long before goaltender Roberto Luongo gets his second start of the season, despite Schneider’s solid play.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)