Jan 26, 2013, 1:23 AM EDT
Of course, every goalie will have a rough start from time to time and how he responds to failure, especially while under the pressure of a new role and contract, can be telling. In Schneider’s case, he’s worked hard to prove that he’s ready to take over as Vancouver’s number one goaltender.
Schneider turned aside 34 shots in Vancouver’s 3-2 shootout win on Wednesday and then posted a 30-save shutout in his rematch against the Ducks on Friday.
Not that the Vancouver Canucks needed perfection from Schneider tonight. They would have been able to make do with adequate.
The Ducks accumulated 31 penalty minutes and Vancouver scored three times on a staggering seven power-play opportunities. Mason Raymond scored twice and Daniel Sedin netted the game-winner in Vancouver’s 5-0 victory.
The Canucks will get Saturday off before they enter a stretch of three games in four nights. With that in mind, it probably won’t be too long before goaltender Roberto Luongo gets his second start of the season, despite Schneider’s solid play.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)