Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Scott Gomez’s flirtation with the San Jose Sharks should officially become marriage today, tweets TSN’s Darren Dreger.
“At least it’s headed in that direction now,” added Dreger (just in case it doesn’t happen).
Gomez has been traveling and skating with the Sharks as part of an evaluation period, so a deal wouldn’t come as a surprise.
The 33-year-old center was bought out of his contract by the Canadiens last week, freeing him to sign with any team in the NHL.
Gomez is coming off a nightmare 2011-12 season in which he scored just two goals in 38 games and missed significant time due to various injuries.
On the Sharks, he could provide inexpensive veteran depth down the middle. And given he’s only three years removed from a 47-assist season, you never know, maybe he could rediscover some of his old offensive flair.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)