Jan 20, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, we know what Scott Gomez looks like in a San Jose Sharks uniform – at least in their practice duds.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Gomez participated in the team’s morning skate on Sunday, but it’s important to note that he hasn’t signed with the team yet. He’s still in the “evaluation period.”
That evaluation period didn’t involve mingling with Sharks regulars as they didn’t skate.
Here’s a photo of Gomez skating in Sharks gear, via Kurz:
Kurz targets Michal Handzus as a player who could be on a shorter leash with Gomez nipping at his heels.
Really, though, Gomez could fill a gap whether he puts the heat on Handzus or someone else. The Sharks have some big names on offense, but depth scoring has been an issue, so if the five-time 50+ assist man can rekindle that lost touch, San Jose could land a significant bargain.
If he does well during this “evaluation period,” that is.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)