Jan 20, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
If nothing else, we know what Scott Gomez looks like in a San Jose Sharks uniform – at least in their practice duds.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Gomez participated in the team’s morning skate on Sunday, but it’s important to note that he hasn’t signed with the team yet. He’s still in the “evaluation period.”
That evaluation period didn’t involve mingling with Sharks regulars as they didn’t skate.
Here’s a photo of Gomez skating in Sharks gear, via Kurz:
Kurz targets Michal Handzus as a player who could be on a shorter leash with Gomez nipping at his heels.
Really, though, Gomez could fill a gap whether he puts the heat on Handzus or someone else. The Sharks have some big names on offense, but depth scoring has been an issue, so if the five-time 50+ assist man can rekindle that lost touch, San Jose could land a significant bargain.
If he does well during this “evaluation period,” that is.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28