Jan 20, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, we know what Scott Gomez looks like in a San Jose Sharks uniform – at least in their practice duds.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Gomez participated in the team’s morning skate on Sunday, but it’s important to note that he hasn’t signed with the team yet. He’s still in the “evaluation period.”
That evaluation period didn’t involve mingling with Sharks regulars as they didn’t skate.
Here’s a photo of Gomez skating in Sharks gear, via Kurz:
Kurz targets Michal Handzus as a player who could be on a shorter leash with Gomez nipping at his heels.
Really, though, Gomez could fill a gap whether he puts the heat on Handzus or someone else. The Sharks have some big names on offense, but depth scoring has been an issue, so if the five-time 50+ assist man can rekindle that lost touch, San Jose could land a significant bargain.
If he does well during this “evaluation period,” that is.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)