Jan 20, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
If nothing else, we know what Scott Gomez looks like in a San Jose Sharks uniform – at least in their practice duds.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Gomez participated in the team’s morning skate on Sunday, but it’s important to note that he hasn’t signed with the team yet. He’s still in the “evaluation period.”
That evaluation period didn’t involve mingling with Sharks regulars as they didn’t skate.
Here’s a photo of Gomez skating in Sharks gear, via Kurz:
Kurz targets Michal Handzus as a player who could be on a shorter leash with Gomez nipping at his heels.
Really, though, Gomez could fill a gap whether he puts the heat on Handzus or someone else. The Sharks have some big names on offense, but depth scoring has been an issue, so if the five-time 50+ assist man can rekindle that lost touch, San Jose could land a significant bargain.
If he does well during this “evaluation period,” that is.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 0
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 42
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)