Jan 20, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
If nothing else, we know what Scott Gomez looks like in a San Jose Sharks uniform – at least in their practice duds.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports that Gomez participated in the team’s morning skate on Sunday, but it’s important to note that he hasn’t signed with the team yet. He’s still in the “evaluation period.”
That evaluation period didn’t involve mingling with Sharks regulars as they didn’t skate.
Here’s a photo of Gomez skating in Sharks gear, via Kurz:
Kurz targets Michal Handzus as a player who could be on a shorter leash with Gomez nipping at his heels.
Really, though, Gomez could fill a gap whether he puts the heat on Handzus or someone else. The Sharks have some big names on offense, but depth scoring has been an issue, so if the five-time 50+ assist man can rekindle that lost touch, San Jose could land a significant bargain.
If he does well during this “evaluation period,” that is.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 0
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)