Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
It might be surprising to some that there was a question about his place as the Sens’ top netminder – particularly after he nearly topped Henrik Lundqvist in the 2012 playoffs – but the team has some fairly attractive options behind him.
While Bishop sports a money-related edge because of his one-way contract, Garrioch reports that Lehner is expected to dress as Anderson’s backup tomorrow. Both understudies have been impressive in the AHL, as you can see from their stats:
Lehner: 14-5-1, 1.90 GAA and .945 save percentage
Bishop: 8-3-2, 2.59 GAA and .928 save percentage
Perhaps those numbers explain a) why people wonder if Anderson has a strong hold on the starting job and b) why Lehner is dressing on Saturday instead of Bishop.
From the look of things, Ottawa’s goalie battles are just starting to heat up, though.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)