Jan 18, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
It might be surprising to some that there was a question about his place as the Sens’ top netminder – particularly after he nearly topped Henrik Lundqvist in the 2012 playoffs – but the team has some fairly attractive options behind him.
While Bishop sports a money-related edge because of his one-way contract, Garrioch reports that Lehner is expected to dress as Anderson’s backup tomorrow. Both understudies have been impressive in the AHL, as you can see from their stats:
Lehner: 14-5-1, 1.90 GAA and .945 save percentage
Bishop: 8-3-2, 2.59 GAA and .928 save percentage
Perhaps those numbers explain a) why people wonder if Anderson has a strong hold on the starting job and b) why Lehner is dressing on Saturday instead of Bishop.
From the look of things, Ottawa’s goalie battles are just starting to heat up, though.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12