Apr 21, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
To casual fans, Anderson is known for a couple pictures of him (seemingly?) gawking at Ice Girls. Meanwhile, Ice Girls probably gawk at Lundqvist. (He’s a handsome fella.)
Lundqvist is richer, has a gold medal to his name and might just win his Vezina Trophy this season. Meanwhile, many would argue that much of the Senators’ success came despite Anderson, whose best span of the season was interrupted when he was injured while cutting chicken.
Yup, by all standards of logic, the Senators’ 3-2 series lead (thanks to a 2-0 Game 5 win) should only come via overwhelming Lundqvist & Co. with their offensive brilliance. Instead, Ottawa has tightened up considerably in their own end and Anderson has (gulp) been just a little bit to a lot better than Lundqvist – depending upon whom you ask.
It’s totally unfair to lay the blame on Lundqvist for the Rangers’ Game 5 loss, in particular. It’s literally impossible for a goalie to win a playoff game when the players in front of him fail to score a single goal.
Still, if you want to be literal about it, Anderson might be the best goalie of the series so far. Maybe it wouldn’t happen again if this series happened 10 times, but it’s tough not to shake this shocking possibility at this point.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)