Apr 21, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
To casual fans, Anderson is known for a couple pictures of him (seemingly?) gawking at Ice Girls. Meanwhile, Ice Girls probably gawk at Lundqvist. (He’s a handsome fella.)
Lundqvist is richer, has a gold medal to his name and might just win his Vezina Trophy this season. Meanwhile, many would argue that much of the Senators’ success came despite Anderson, whose best span of the season was interrupted when he was injured while cutting chicken.
Yup, by all standards of logic, the Senators’ 3-2 series lead (thanks to a 2-0 Game 5 win) should only come via overwhelming Lundqvist & Co. with their offensive brilliance. Instead, Ottawa has tightened up considerably in their own end and Anderson has (gulp) been just a little bit to a lot better than Lundqvist – depending upon whom you ask.
It’s totally unfair to lay the blame on Lundqvist for the Rangers’ Game 5 loss, in particular. It’s literally impossible for a goalie to win a playoff game when the players in front of him fail to score a single goal.
Still, if you want to be literal about it, Anderson might be the best goalie of the series so far. Maybe it wouldn’t happen again if this series happened 10 times, but it’s tough not to shake this shocking possibility at this point.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead