Jan 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t just rolling out their first-ever Stanley Cup banner during opening night on Saturday. Each player will also receive their championship rings from Tiffany & Co.
Feel free to haphazardly plug the word “bling” into your descriptions, as the press release reveals that the face of the ring will include 104(!) “brilliant pave set” diamonds.
As the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out, an official photo of the ring hasn’t been released yet, but here are a few more details from the press release:
- Also on the face: the Kings logo and “Stanley Cup champions.”
- On the shanks*: the Kings’ crown, the NHL’s official logo, the year 2012 and the team’s 16-4 postseason record.
- Oddly, no mention of barely making the playoffs.
Want a recent history of Stanley Cup rings? Puck Daddy provided detailed observations in this post about the Boston Bruins’ bling.
* – Pretty sure that’s not the part of the ring used for stabbing.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 13
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 37
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 49
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 19
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 96
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (96)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games