Jan 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t just rolling out their first-ever Stanley Cup banner during opening night on Saturday. Each player will also receive their championship rings from Tiffany & Co.
Feel free to haphazardly plug the word “bling” into your descriptions, as the press release reveals that the face of the ring will include 104(!) “brilliant pave set” diamonds.
As the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out, an official photo of the ring hasn’t been released yet, but here are a few more details from the press release:
- Also on the face: the Kings logo and “Stanley Cup champions.”
- On the shanks*: the Kings’ crown, the NHL’s official logo, the year 2012 and the team’s 16-4 postseason record.
- Oddly, no mention of barely making the playoffs.
Want a recent history of Stanley Cup rings? Puck Daddy provided detailed observations in this post about the Boston Bruins’ bling.
* – Pretty sure that’s not the part of the ring used for stabbing.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)