Jan 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t just rolling out their first-ever Stanley Cup banner during opening night on Saturday. Each player will also receive their championship rings from Tiffany & Co.
Feel free to haphazardly plug the word “bling” into your descriptions, as the press release reveals that the face of the ring will include 104(!) “brilliant pave set” diamonds.
As the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out, an official photo of the ring hasn’t been released yet, but here are a few more details from the press release:
- Also on the face: the Kings logo and “Stanley Cup champions.”
- On the shanks*: the Kings’ crown, the NHL’s official logo, the year 2012 and the team’s 16-4 postseason record.
- Oddly, no mention of barely making the playoffs.
Want a recent history of Stanley Cup rings? Puck Daddy provided detailed observations in this post about the Boston Bruins’ bling.
* – Pretty sure that’s not the part of the ring used for stabbing.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)