Jan 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t just rolling out their first-ever Stanley Cup banner during opening night on Saturday. Each player will also receive their championship rings from Tiffany & Co.
Feel free to haphazardly plug the word “bling” into your descriptions, as the press release reveals that the face of the ring will include 104(!) “brilliant pave set” diamonds.
As the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out, an official photo of the ring hasn’t been released yet, but here are a few more details from the press release:
- Also on the face: the Kings logo and “Stanley Cup champions.”
- On the shanks*: the Kings’ crown, the NHL’s official logo, the year 2012 and the team’s 16-4 postseason record.
- Oddly, no mention of barely making the playoffs.
Want a recent history of Stanley Cup rings? Puck Daddy provided detailed observations in this post about the Boston Bruins’ bling.
* – Pretty sure that’s not the part of the ring used for stabbing.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20