Jan 18, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings aren’t just rolling out their first-ever Stanley Cup banner during opening night on Saturday. Each player will also receive their championship rings from Tiffany & Co.
Feel free to haphazardly plug the word “bling” into your descriptions, as the press release reveals that the face of the ring will include 104(!) “brilliant pave set” diamonds.
As the Los Angeles Times’ Helene Elliott points out, an official photo of the ring hasn’t been released yet, but here are a few more details from the press release:
- Also on the face: the Kings logo and “Stanley Cup champions.”
- On the shanks*: the Kings’ crown, the NHL’s official logo, the year 2012 and the team’s 16-4 postseason record.
- Oddly, no mention of barely making the playoffs.
Want a recent history of Stanley Cup rings? Puck Daddy provided detailed observations in this post about the Boston Bruins’ bling.
* – Pretty sure that’s not the part of the ring used for stabbing.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)