Jan 13, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
During the work stoppage, Westgarth spent his time away from labor talks working out and practicing with local players in Raleigh. Now he’ll give Carolina a tough guy on their fourth line they could really use. In 25 games with L.A. last season, Westgarth had one goal, one assist and 39 penalty minutes.
In Stewart, the Kings get a speedy and tough depth forward capable of potting a few goals. He scored nine goals and added 11 assists last season for the Hurricanes.
Two seasons ago with the Atlanta Thrashers, he had a career-high 14 goals and 25 assists. If he can replicate that with the Kings, they’ll be ecstatic. Also, hey, the man would like some hardware.
Thankful for the opportunity to play for the defending Stanley Cup Champions #doigetaring—
Anthony Stewart (@EhStew13) January 13, 2013
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)