Jan 13, 2013, 12:33 PM EST
During the work stoppage, Westgarth spent his time away from labor talks working out and practicing with local players in Raleigh. Now he’ll give Carolina a tough guy on their fourth line they could really use. In 25 games with L.A. last season, Westgarth had one goal, one assist and 39 penalty minutes.
In Stewart, the Kings get a speedy and tough depth forward capable of potting a few goals. He scored nine goals and added 11 assists last season for the Hurricanes.
Two seasons ago with the Atlanta Thrashers, he had a career-high 14 goals and 25 assists. If he can replicate that with the Kings, they’ll be ecstatic. Also, hey, the man would like some hardware.
Thankful for the opportunity to play for the defending Stanley Cup Champions #doigetaring—
Anthony Stewart (@EhStew13) January 13, 2013
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 3
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 28
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)