Jan 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Late last night we shared a report about the Flyers being likely to sign former Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster and this morning the team has confirmed they’ve done just that.
Since the Flyers aren’t going to have Chris Pronger this season (or perhaps ever again) and with Kimmo Timonen, Andrej Meszaros, and Andreas Lilja all coming back from injuries, having more veteran depth never hurts. Foster may not be fleet of foot at this point of his career, but he still has a heavy shot to use from the blue line.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3