Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he doesn’t think Briere’s wrist issue is serious, he did tell CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that the forward’s presence in the team’s opening game is up to question.
“Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern,” Holmgren said. “We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Holmgren believes team doctors will get to the bottom of it.
“I don’t know for sure,” Holmgren said. “We’ll see in the next few days once our doctors get their hands on him. I don’t think it’s serious, but we’ll see. The fact that Danny was playing probably was good. Missing a little bit of time isn’t that big of a deal.”
Here’s video form CSNPhilly.com:
Philly looks like a team that will limp a bit into the abbreviated campaign, with Briere joining Andrej Meszaros* as Flyers who might miss at least the season-opener.
Again, though, the early read is that it shouldn’t be a major concern.
* – And Chris Pronger, if you still consider him a possibility despite his career-threatening concussion issues.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)