Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he doesn’t think Briere’s wrist issue is serious, he did tell CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that the forward’s presence in the team’s opening game is up to question.
“Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern,” Holmgren said. “We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Holmgren believes team doctors will get to the bottom of it.
“I don’t know for sure,” Holmgren said. “We’ll see in the next few days once our doctors get their hands on him. I don’t think it’s serious, but we’ll see. The fact that Danny was playing probably was good. Missing a little bit of time isn’t that big of a deal.”
Here’s video form CSNPhilly.com:
Philly looks like a team that will limp a bit into the abbreviated campaign, with Briere joining Andrej Meszaros* as Flyers who might miss at least the season-opener.
Again, though, the early read is that it shouldn’t be a major concern.
* – And Chris Pronger, if you still consider him a possibility despite his career-threatening concussion issues.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 30
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 16
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 30
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 24
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 103
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (103)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement