Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he doesn’t think Briere’s wrist issue is serious, he did tell CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that the forward’s presence in the team’s opening game is up to question.
“Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern,” Holmgren said. “We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Holmgren believes team doctors will get to the bottom of it.
“I don’t know for sure,” Holmgren said. “We’ll see in the next few days once our doctors get their hands on him. I don’t think it’s serious, but we’ll see. The fact that Danny was playing probably was good. Missing a little bit of time isn’t that big of a deal.”
Here’s video form CSNPhilly.com:
Philly looks like a team that will limp a bit into the abbreviated campaign, with Briere joining Andrej Meszaros* as Flyers who might miss at least the season-opener.
Again, though, the early read is that it shouldn’t be a major concern.
* – And Chris Pronger, if you still consider him a possibility despite his career-threatening concussion issues.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 2
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 46
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 23
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)