Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he doesn’t think Briere’s wrist issue is serious, he did tell CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that the forward’s presence in the team’s opening game is up to question.
“Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern,” Holmgren said. “We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Holmgren believes team doctors will get to the bottom of it.
“I don’t know for sure,” Holmgren said. “We’ll see in the next few days once our doctors get their hands on him. I don’t think it’s serious, but we’ll see. The fact that Danny was playing probably was good. Missing a little bit of time isn’t that big of a deal.”
Here’s video form CSNPhilly.com:
Philly looks like a team that will limp a bit into the abbreviated campaign, with Briere joining Andrej Meszaros* as Flyers who might miss at least the season-opener.
Again, though, the early read is that it shouldn’t be a major concern.
* – And Chris Pronger, if you still consider him a possibility despite his career-threatening concussion issues.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 66
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (66)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)