Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he doesn’t think Briere’s wrist issue is serious, he did tell CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio that the forward’s presence in the team’s opening game is up to question.
“Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern,” Holmgren said. “We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”
Holmgren believes team doctors will get to the bottom of it.
“I don’t know for sure,” Holmgren said. “We’ll see in the next few days once our doctors get their hands on him. I don’t think it’s serious, but we’ll see. The fact that Danny was playing probably was good. Missing a little bit of time isn’t that big of a deal.”
Here’s video form CSNPhilly.com:
Philly looks like a team that will limp a bit into the abbreviated campaign, with Briere joining Andrej Meszaros* as Flyers who might miss at least the season-opener.
Again, though, the early read is that it shouldn’t be a major concern.
* – And Chris Pronger, if you still consider him a possibility despite his career-threatening concussion issues.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)