Dec 29, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
If all goes well in the CBA negotiations — and who knows if it will — the NHL season might start on Jan. 19. In other words, if the information about Briere is correct, then there will be little to no margin for error in his recovery if he is to be available for the Philadelphia Flyers’ theoretical season opener.
Briere has 10 goals and 34 points in 21 games this season in the German league. He recently signed a contract extension that will keep him with Berlin for the remainder of the season, unless the NHL returns.
He underperformed in the 2011-12 campaign with 16 goals and 49 points in 70 contests. However, he was a major contributor in the Philadelphia Flyers’ playoff run.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3