Dec 29, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
If all goes well in the CBA negotiations — and who knows if it will — the NHL season might start on Jan. 19. In other words, if the information about Briere is correct, then there will be little to no margin for error in his recovery if he is to be available for the Philadelphia Flyers’ theoretical season opener.
Briere has 10 goals and 34 points in 21 games this season in the German league. He recently signed a contract extension that will keep him with Berlin for the remainder of the season, unless the NHL returns.
He underperformed in the 2011-12 campaign with 16 goals and 49 points in 70 contests. However, he was a major contributor in the Philadelphia Flyers’ playoff run.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)