Dec 29, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
If all goes well in the CBA negotiations — and who knows if it will — the NHL season might start on Jan. 19. In other words, if the information about Briere is correct, then there will be little to no margin for error in his recovery if he is to be available for the Philadelphia Flyers’ theoretical season opener.
Briere has 10 goals and 34 points in 21 games this season in the German league. He recently signed a contract extension that will keep him with Berlin for the remainder of the season, unless the NHL returns.
He underperformed in the 2011-12 campaign with 16 goals and 49 points in 70 contests. However, he was a major contributor in the Philadelphia Flyers’ playoff run.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63