Jan 6, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Sharks defenseman Jason Demers got hurt playing in Europe. The question left now is just how hurt is he?
Initially it was believed he’d miss at least three weeks of action, but his agent said he would be out 4-6 weeks. Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com hears differently, however, and says Demers won’t miss much time at all.
With a shortened training camp on the way, it was set up to be a big one for Demers as the Sharks added Brad Stuart in the offseason and his fight for a spot in the top six would be harder. What might help Demers out is a reported fractured hand to fellow youngster Justin Braun.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)