Jan 6, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Sharks defenseman Jason Demers got hurt playing in Europe. The question left now is just how hurt is he?
Initially it was believed he’d miss at least three weeks of action, but his agent said he would be out 4-6 weeks. Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com hears differently, however, and says Demers won’t miss much time at all.
With a shortened training camp on the way, it was set up to be a big one for Demers as the Sharks added Brad Stuart in the offseason and his fight for a spot in the top six would be harder. What might help Demers out is a reported fractured hand to fellow youngster Justin Braun.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)