Jan 6, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Sharks defenseman Jason Demers got hurt playing in Europe. The question left now is just how hurt is he?
Initially it was believed he’d miss at least three weeks of action, but his agent said he would be out 4-6 weeks. Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com hears differently, however, and says Demers won’t miss much time at all.
With a shortened training camp on the way, it was set up to be a big one for Demers as the Sharks added Brad Stuart in the offseason and his fight for a spot in the top six would be harder. What might help Demers out is a reported fractured hand to fellow youngster Justin Braun.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)