Jan 6, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Sharks defenseman Jason Demers got hurt playing in Europe. The question left now is just how hurt is he?
Initially it was believed he’d miss at least three weeks of action, but his agent said he would be out 4-6 weeks. Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com hears differently, however, and says Demers won’t miss much time at all.
With a shortened training camp on the way, it was set up to be a big one for Demers as the Sharks added Brad Stuart in the offseason and his fight for a spot in the top six would be harder. What might help Demers out is a reported fractured hand to fellow youngster Justin Braun.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)