Jan 6, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Sharks defenseman Jason Demers got hurt playing in Europe. The question left now is just how hurt is he?
Initially it was believed he’d miss at least three weeks of action, but his agent said he would be out 4-6 weeks. Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com hears differently, however, and says Demers won’t miss much time at all.
With a shortened training camp on the way, it was set up to be a big one for Demers as the Sharks added Brad Stuart in the offseason and his fight for a spot in the top six would be harder. What might help Demers out is a reported fractured hand to fellow youngster Justin Braun.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)