Jan 2, 2013, 9:11 PM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger hopped on Sports Talk on Wednesday to lay out reasons why people should – and shouldn’t – be optimistic about a 2012-13 season happening. If you’re expecting a deal to happen tonight, you might be a little disappointed; Dreger said a weekend deal is the best-case scenario.
He discusses that and more in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
NHL has rescued us off the frigid sidewalks and let us wait out the meeting in its offices.. :) http://t.co/6a8lawf0—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 03, 2013
That might never get old.
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 14
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)