Jan 2, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Multiple outlets report that the NHL and NHLPA have gathered once again to continue CBA discussions … or if the pattern holds, to continue serving counter-proposals back and forth like a heated Wimbledon exchange.
As formulaic as things may seem, Wednesday night’s proceedings could be pivotal. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun quotes an anonymous player who admits that the latest talks will likely determine if the the players file a disclaimer of interest.
From NHL player: "How they respond to our latest proposal will determine if we disclaim or not." Huge meeting tonight to say the least—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 02, 2013
Now, let’s shift to the “Memes that have developed thanks to a story-starved media” category.
First things first, we can all breathe a sigh of relief that reporters aren’t being subjected to New York City cold like they were on Tuesday. LeBrun’s photo of some of the gathered media says a thousand (sometimes creepy) words:
NHL has rescued us off the frigid sidewalks and let us wait out the meeting in its offices.. :) http://t.co/6a8lawf0—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 03, 2013
(That photo of TSN’s Darren Dreger is just begging for the “Eli Manning looking at things” treatment, isn’t it?)
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Jesse Spector shares an update on the surprisingly Meme-friendly podium from the December discussions:
Dais is the new Podium. http://t.co/pEBs3cVd—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) January 03, 2013
Settle in kids, tonight could get awfully interesting – even if it’s not all good news.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)