Jan 2, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Multiple outlets report that the NHL and NHLPA have gathered once again to continue CBA discussions … or if the pattern holds, to continue serving counter-proposals back and forth like a heated Wimbledon exchange.
As formulaic as things may seem, Wednesday night’s proceedings could be pivotal. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun quotes an anonymous player who admits that the latest talks will likely determine if the the players file a disclaimer of interest.
From NHL player: "How they respond to our latest proposal will determine if we disclaim or not." Huge meeting tonight to say the least—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 02, 2013
Now, let’s shift to the “Memes that have developed thanks to a story-starved media” category.
First things first, we can all breathe a sigh of relief that reporters aren’t being subjected to New York City cold like they were on Tuesday. LeBrun’s photo of some of the gathered media says a thousand (sometimes creepy) words:
NHL has rescued us off the frigid sidewalks and let us wait out the meeting in its offices.. :) http://t.co/6a8lawf0—
Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) January 03, 2013
(That photo of TSN’s Darren Dreger is just begging for the “Eli Manning looking at things” treatment, isn’t it?)
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Jesse Spector shares an update on the surprisingly Meme-friendly podium from the December discussions:
Dais is the new Podium. http://t.co/pEBs3cVd—
Jesse Spector (@jessespector) January 03, 2013
Settle in kids, tonight could get awfully interesting – even if it’s not all good news.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)