Dec 15, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
The NHL is exploring just about every avenue to build an argument against the NHLPA, which even includes the owners side using players’ Twitter feeds against them, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
100 percent in agreement with our @NHLPA leader for all if you asking—
Logan Couture (@Logancouture) December 07, 2012
It’s far from the only time that players might regret what they’ve posted on the popular social network; you might recall Upshall referring to his “#lockoutproblems” among other moments.
Garrioch outlines the NHL’s larger efforts to discredit the disclaimer of interest.
There were 36 players named in the statement of claim by the league — all members of the NHLPA’s executive committee and even some draft picks — as the league went to great lengths to prove its case.
Not only were NHLPA representatives of all seven Canadian teams named in the filing, the league also included quotes from several players talking about the possibility of going the decertification route over the last couple of months.
Are you having fun yet?
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)