Dec 15, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
The NHL is exploring just about every avenue to build an argument against the NHLPA, which even includes the owners side using players’ Twitter feeds against them, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
100 percent in agreement with our @NHLPA leader for all if you asking—
Logan Couture (@Logancouture) December 07, 2012
It’s far from the only time that players might regret what they’ve posted on the popular social network; you might recall Upshall referring to his “#lockoutproblems” among other moments.
Garrioch outlines the NHL’s larger efforts to discredit the disclaimer of interest.
There were 36 players named in the statement of claim by the league — all members of the NHLPA’s executive committee and even some draft picks — as the league went to great lengths to prove its case.
Not only were NHLPA representatives of all seven Canadian teams named in the filing, the league also included quotes from several players talking about the possibility of going the decertification route over the last couple of months.
Are you having fun yet?
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)