Dec 15, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
The NHL is exploring just about every avenue to build an argument against the NHLPA, which even includes the owners side using players’ Twitter feeds against them, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
100 percent in agreement with our @NHLPA leader for all if you asking—
Logan Couture (@Logancouture) December 07, 2012
It’s far from the only time that players might regret what they’ve posted on the popular social network; you might recall Upshall referring to his “#lockoutproblems” among other moments.
Garrioch outlines the NHL’s larger efforts to discredit the disclaimer of interest.
There were 36 players named in the statement of claim by the league — all members of the NHLPA’s executive committee and even some draft picks — as the league went to great lengths to prove its case.
Not only were NHLPA representatives of all seven Canadian teams named in the filing, the league also included quotes from several players talking about the possibility of going the decertification route over the last couple of months.
Are you having fun yet?
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)