Dec 15, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune reports team owner Jeff Vinik is getting in the holiday spirit by giving team employees an extended paid holiday vacation. 150 team workers will get from December 20 through January 2 off and not have it count towards their regular vacation time.
Team spokesman Bill Wickett summed up the unexpected vacation time off nicely.
“It isn’t often in the sports and entertainment industry today that the pace of business allows for this type of break and we are happy to afford our people the opportunity to share personal time with their loved ones.”
On top of that, team employees are being given a $75 bonus intended to be spent on those in need during the holiday season.
The lockout hasn’t been good for heart-warming stories, but this one out of Tampa is good for a case of the warm-fuzzies.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)