Dec 13, 2012, 9:15 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres center Tyler Ennis put his Swiss sojourn on hold for a second time to bring his “dinged up” shoulder to 100 percent in case the lockout ends, Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald reports.
Ennis returned from what was once a “mystery” injury in late October, but he told Hoppe that he hopes to be fully ready if action resumes. He also said it was something that would be playable if the NHL season was ongoing.
“(It’s) not bad, but I just wanted to be cautious just in case the season starts, I want to be 100 percent,” Ennis said. “For the most part, if I was playing in the NHL right now, then I’d be playing. But I’m just being careful with it. It’s just a little shoulder issue.”
In fact, Ennis told Hoppe today that he might resume skating as early as Friday.
The 23-year-old forward scored three goals and eight points (albeit with a -8 rating) in 10 games with the Swiss League’s SCL Tigers. He said that he could return to the team if he chooses, describing the experience as “good times” (despite the annoying injury).
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 32
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)