Dec 13, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres center Tyler Ennis put his Swiss sojourn on hold for a second time to bring his “dinged up” shoulder to 100 percent in case the lockout ends, Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald reports.
Ennis returned from what was once a “mystery” injury in late October, but he told Hoppe that he hopes to be fully ready if action resumes. He also said it was something that would be playable if the NHL season was ongoing.
“(It’s) not bad, but I just wanted to be cautious just in case the season starts, I want to be 100 percent,” Ennis said. “For the most part, if I was playing in the NHL right now, then I’d be playing. But I’m just being careful with it. It’s just a little shoulder issue.”
In fact, Ennis told Hoppe today that he might resume skating as early as Friday.
The 23-year-old forward scored three goals and eight points (albeit with a -8 rating) in 10 games with the Swiss League’s SCL Tigers. He said that he could return to the team if he chooses, describing the experience as “good times” (despite the annoying injury).
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)