Dec 13, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres center Tyler Ennis put his Swiss sojourn on hold for a second time to bring his “dinged up” shoulder to 100 percent in case the lockout ends, Bill Hoppe of the Olean Times Herald reports.
Ennis returned from what was once a “mystery” injury in late October, but he told Hoppe that he hopes to be fully ready if action resumes. He also said it was something that would be playable if the NHL season was ongoing.
“(It’s) not bad, but I just wanted to be cautious just in case the season starts, I want to be 100 percent,” Ennis said. “For the most part, if I was playing in the NHL right now, then I’d be playing. But I’m just being careful with it. It’s just a little shoulder issue.”
In fact, Ennis told Hoppe today that he might resume skating as early as Friday.
The 23-year-old forward scored three goals and eight points (albeit with a -8 rating) in 10 games with the Swiss League’s SCL Tigers. He said that he could return to the team if he chooses, describing the experience as “good times” (despite the annoying injury).
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 10
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 24
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 58
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 55
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)