Dec 12, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
After today’s round of talks with mediators, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said no conclusion was reached with mediators, but the offer theNHL pulled off the table last Thursday was back there today. Free agent forward Brendan Morrison said that made things frustrating today.
“It wasn’t much of a decision,” Morrison said referring to the NHLPA refusing the NHL’s once-removed offer. He also shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that the NHL is treating the current financial status the way they did when the league lost a full season in 2004-05.
“I never thought the issues were as big as they were back in 04-05. Apparently, I was wrong,” Morrison said. “I thought the gap would be closed much quicker, but it hasn’t come to fruition yet, so we have to keep working.”
Continuing to work is noble, but if the league is unwilling to negotiate off their last offer there’s not much work that can be done. Then it’s up to the players to decide if they want to take the offer or continue with this staring contest.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)