Dec 12, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
After today’s round of talks with mediators, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said no conclusion was reached with mediators, but the offer theNHL pulled off the table last Thursday was back there today. Free agent forward Brendan Morrison said that made things frustrating today.
“It wasn’t much of a decision,” Morrison said referring to the NHLPA refusing the NHL’s once-removed offer. He also shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that the NHL is treating the current financial status the way they did when the league lost a full season in 2004-05.
“I never thought the issues were as big as they were back in 04-05. Apparently, I was wrong,” Morrison said. “I thought the gap would be closed much quicker, but it hasn’t come to fruition yet, so we have to keep working.”
Continuing to work is noble, but if the league is unwilling to negotiate off their last offer there’s not much work that can be done. Then it’s up to the players to decide if they want to take the offer or continue with this staring contest.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 11
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 40
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control