Dec 12, 2012, 6:30 PM EST
After today’s round of talks with mediators, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said no conclusion was reached with mediators, but the offer theNHL pulled off the table last Thursday was back there today. Free agent forward Brendan Morrison said that made things frustrating today.
“It wasn’t much of a decision,” Morrison said referring to the NHLPA refusing the NHL’s once-removed offer. He also shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that the NHL is treating the current financial status the way they did when the league lost a full season in 2004-05.
“I never thought the issues were as big as they were back in 04-05. Apparently, I was wrong,” Morrison said. “I thought the gap would be closed much quicker, but it hasn’t come to fruition yet, so we have to keep working.”
Continuing to work is noble, but if the league is unwilling to negotiate off their last offer there’s not much work that can be done. Then it’s up to the players to decide if they want to take the offer or continue with this staring contest.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)