Dec 12, 2012, 6:30 PM EDT
After today’s round of talks with mediators, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said no conclusion was reached with mediators, but the offer theNHL pulled off the table last Thursday was back there today. Free agent forward Brendan Morrison said that made things frustrating today.
“It wasn’t much of a decision,” Morrison said referring to the NHLPA refusing the NHL’s once-removed offer. He also shared with Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that the NHL is treating the current financial status the way they did when the league lost a full season in 2004-05.
“I never thought the issues were as big as they were back in 04-05. Apparently, I was wrong,” Morrison said. “I thought the gap would be closed much quicker, but it hasn’t come to fruition yet, so we have to keep working.”
Continuing to work is noble, but if the league is unwilling to negotiate off their last offer there’s not much work that can be done. Then it’s up to the players to decide if they want to take the offer or continue with this staring contest.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)