Dec 12, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Today’s CBA meeting with federal mediators involved is over.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports talks broke off this evening and while things didn’t go well, the NHL’s offer they pulled off the table last Thursday was back on it. The catch tonight being that it’s a “take it or leave it” offer. If that’s the case, the league is insistent to have it their way regardless of what tweaks the players want to do with contracting rights.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly says there was “no conclusion” to the process, the two sides spent time with mediators only. The mediators will continue meeting with players tonight and then follow up with the league.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says there are no further meetings scheduled at this point. This is the second time mediators have been involved in negotiations and it appears they’re doing what they were called in to do and try to help the two sides figure out where they’re at.
Update: To clear things up,according to Tom Gulitti, the league didn’t re-table their proposal. Turns out mediators asked the players about what their answer would be if the NHL had put their offer back out there. Daly said specifically: “We have not re-tabled a proposal.”
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)