Dec 12, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Today’s CBA meeting with federal mediators involved is over.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports talks broke off this evening and while things didn’t go well, the NHL’s offer they pulled off the table last Thursday was back on it. The catch tonight being that it’s a “take it or leave it” offer. If that’s the case, the league is insistent to have it their way regardless of what tweaks the players want to do with contracting rights.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly says there was “no conclusion” to the process, the two sides spent time with mediators only. The mediators will continue meeting with players tonight and then follow up with the league.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says there are no further meetings scheduled at this point. This is the second time mediators have been involved in negotiations and it appears they’re doing what they were called in to do and try to help the two sides figure out where they’re at.
Update: To clear things up,according to Tom Gulitti, the league didn’t re-table their proposal. Turns out mediators asked the players about what their answer would be if the NHL had put their offer back out there. Daly said specifically: “We have not re-tabled a proposal.”
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)