Dec 12, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Today’s CBA meeting with federal mediators involved is over.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports talks broke off this evening and while things didn’t go well, the NHL’s offer they pulled off the table last Thursday was back on it. The catch tonight being that it’s a “take it or leave it” offer. If that’s the case, the league is insistent to have it their way regardless of what tweaks the players want to do with contracting rights.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly says there was “no conclusion” to the process, the two sides spent time with mediators only. The mediators will continue meeting with players tonight and then follow up with the league.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says there are no further meetings scheduled at this point. This is the second time mediators have been involved in negotiations and it appears they’re doing what they were called in to do and try to help the two sides figure out where they’re at.
Update: To clear things up,according to Tom Gulitti, the league didn’t re-table their proposal. Turns out mediators asked the players about what their answer would be if the NHL had put their offer back out there. Daly said specifically: “We have not re-tabled a proposal.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)