Dec 12, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Today’s CBA meeting with federal mediators involved is over.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports talks broke off this evening and while things didn’t go well, the NHL’s offer they pulled off the table last Thursday was back on it. The catch tonight being that it’s a “take it or leave it” offer. If that’s the case, the league is insistent to have it their way regardless of what tweaks the players want to do with contracting rights.
Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly says there was “no conclusion” to the process, the two sides spent time with mediators only. The mediators will continue meeting with players tonight and then follow up with the league.
Renaud Lavoie from RDS says there are no further meetings scheduled at this point. This is the second time mediators have been involved in negotiations and it appears they’re doing what they were called in to do and try to help the two sides figure out where they’re at.
Update: To clear things up,according to Tom Gulitti, the league didn’t re-table their proposal. Turns out mediators asked the players about what their answer would be if the NHL had put their offer back out there. Daly said specifically: “We have not re-tabled a proposal.”
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (66)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)