Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Perhaps that’s why NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn’t “anticipate any owners participating in our next meeting,” according to New York Daily News writer Pat Leonard.
Although Daly disagreed with Hainsey’s assertion that there was a miscommunication, he does think that a smaller group of negotiators might be preferable.
“I wouldn’t disagree with Ron that it is difficult to have real ‘negotiations’ with so many people in the room,” Daly told TSN. “It really needs to be done in a much tighter group setting.”
The NHL and union have been communicating and the hope is that the negotiations will resume this week. That being said, nothing has been scheduled yet.
Meanwhile the league announced the cancelation of games through Dec. 30.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 130
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (131)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)