Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Perhaps that’s why NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn’t “anticipate any owners participating in our next meeting,” according to New York Daily News writer Pat Leonard.
Although Daly disagreed with Hainsey’s assertion that there was a miscommunication, he does think that a smaller group of negotiators might be preferable.
“I wouldn’t disagree with Ron that it is difficult to have real ‘negotiations’ with so many people in the room,” Daly told TSN. “It really needs to be done in a much tighter group setting.”
The NHL and union have been communicating and the hope is that the negotiations will resume this week. That being said, nothing has been scheduled yet.
Meanwhile the league announced the cancelation of games through Dec. 30.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5