Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Perhaps that’s why NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn’t “anticipate any owners participating in our next meeting,” according to New York Daily News writer Pat Leonard.
Although Daly disagreed with Hainsey’s assertion that there was a miscommunication, he does think that a smaller group of negotiators might be preferable.
“I wouldn’t disagree with Ron that it is difficult to have real ‘negotiations’ with so many people in the room,” Daly told TSN. “It really needs to be done in a much tighter group setting.”
The NHL and union have been communicating and the hope is that the negotiations will resume this week. That being said, nothing has been scheduled yet.
Meanwhile the league announced the cancelation of games through Dec. 30.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63