Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Perhaps that’s why NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn’t “anticipate any owners participating in our next meeting,” according to New York Daily News writer Pat Leonard.
Although Daly disagreed with Hainsey’s assertion that there was a miscommunication, he does think that a smaller group of negotiators might be preferable.
“I wouldn’t disagree with Ron that it is difficult to have real ‘negotiations’ with so many people in the room,” Daly told TSN. “It really needs to be done in a much tighter group setting.”
The NHL and union have been communicating and the hope is that the negotiations will resume this week. That being said, nothing has been scheduled yet.
Meanwhile the league announced the cancelation of games through Dec. 30.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)