Dec 10, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Perhaps that’s why NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn’t “anticipate any owners participating in our next meeting,” according to New York Daily News writer Pat Leonard.
Although Daly disagreed with Hainsey’s assertion that there was a miscommunication, he does think that a smaller group of negotiators might be preferable.
“I wouldn’t disagree with Ron that it is difficult to have real ‘negotiations’ with so many people in the room,” Daly told TSN. “It really needs to be done in a much tighter group setting.”
The NHL and union have been communicating and the hope is that the negotiations will resume this week. That being said, nothing has been scheduled yet.
Meanwhile the league announced the cancelation of games through Dec. 30.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 10
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)