Nov 25, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
When you’re an NHL player tucked away in the AHL during the lockout, it can be tough to keep up with the goings on with your locked out teammates. That isn’t the case for Capitals goalie Braden Holtby who has seen his teammates get in their own war of words thanks to the work stoppage.
Where does Holtby, who’s currently playing with the Caps farm team in Hershey, fall in this battle? You could say he’s on Team Brouwer as he shared with PHT on Saturday night.
“Everyone’s really entitled to their own opinion. I don’t blame anyone for what they said,” Holtby said. “It’s a good thing Brouwer is more involved with the whole situation. It’s good to hear him speak up and back the union because that’s what we need right now.”
While he backs up Brouwer, he agrees with Donald Fehr when it comes to guys speaking their mind.
“I wouldn’t blame it on anyone [to speak their mind], but it’s very good to see that the guys that are actually doing something in the meetings are sticking up for the rights of the players and that’s what Troy did.”
Whether or not this whole thing will have adverse consequences when the lockout is something that will bear watching. After all, Hamrlik is one of their top six defensemen and Neuvirth will be competing with Holtby for the starting job in Washington.
If nothing else, training camp in Washington, whenever it happens, has turned into must-see TV.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)