Nov 25, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
When you’re an NHL player tucked away in the AHL during the lockout, it can be tough to keep up with the goings on with your locked out teammates. That isn’t the case for Capitals goalie Braden Holtby who has seen his teammates get in their own war of words thanks to the work stoppage.
Where does Holtby, who’s currently playing with the Caps farm team in Hershey, fall in this battle? You could say he’s on Team Brouwer as he shared with PHT on Saturday night.
“Everyone’s really entitled to their own opinion. I don’t blame anyone for what they said,” Holtby said. “It’s a good thing Brouwer is more involved with the whole situation. It’s good to hear him speak up and back the union because that’s what we need right now.”
While he backs up Brouwer, he agrees with Donald Fehr when it comes to guys speaking their mind.
“I wouldn’t blame it on anyone [to speak their mind], but it’s very good to see that the guys that are actually doing something in the meetings are sticking up for the rights of the players and that’s what Troy did.”
Whether or not this whole thing will have adverse consequences when the lockout is something that will bear watching. After all, Hamrlik is one of their top six defensemen and Neuvirth will be competing with Holtby for the starting job in Washington.
If nothing else, training camp in Washington, whenever it happens, has turned into must-see TV.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 23
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 132
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 24
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (132)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)