Nov 13, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky might be facing lesser competition in the ECHL, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t ever in the line of fire. Breaking his right hand for the third time in his career is good proof of that.
The Anchorage Daily News reports that the (eventual) Columbus Blue Jackets forward suffered that injury on Saturday while blocking a shot.
He’s expected to miss multiple weeks with the injury, although the good news is that he doesn’t think it requires surgery.
The progress of the lockout will determine if he’ll ever play for the ECHL’s Alaska Aces again, but he made the most of his time, scoring 12 points in 12 games and taking a player of the week award.
Dubinsky’s assessment of the situation was simple: “pretty brutal.”
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 0
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 10
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 4
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 88
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (89)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness