Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson, currently with AHL Rochester for the NHL lockout, is expected to miss “a couple weeks” with a broken hand, according to Americans coach Ron Rolston.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Hodgson suffered the injury against the Phantoms on Oct. 27 and did play in Friday’s 3-2 shootout victory over Hamilton. But while he skated a regular shift (19:08 of ice time, but just one OT shift), he really was not effective and had just one shot on goal.
Since his game is based on his creativity with the puck, and since the break limits what he can do, “a couple weeks” could definitely mean more than two.
Hodgson has one goal and nine assists in nine games with the Amerks.
The 22-year-old was traded to Buffalo from Vancouver late last season.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)