Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson, currently with AHL Rochester for the NHL lockout, is expected to miss “a couple weeks” with a broken hand, according to Americans coach Ron Rolston.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Hodgson suffered the injury against the Phantoms on Oct. 27 and did play in Friday’s 3-2 shootout victory over Hamilton. But while he skated a regular shift (19:08 of ice time, but just one OT shift), he really was not effective and had just one shot on goal.
Since his game is based on his creativity with the puck, and since the break limits what he can do, “a couple weeks” could definitely mean more than two.
Hodgson has one goal and nine assists in nine games with the Amerks.
The 22-year-old was traded to Buffalo from Vancouver late last season.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)