Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson, currently with AHL Rochester for the NHL lockout, is expected to miss “a couple weeks” with a broken hand, according to Americans coach Ron Rolston.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Hodgson suffered the injury against the Phantoms on Oct. 27 and did play in Friday’s 3-2 shootout victory over Hamilton. But while he skated a regular shift (19:08 of ice time, but just one OT shift), he really was not effective and had just one shot on goal.
Since his game is based on his creativity with the puck, and since the break limits what he can do, “a couple weeks” could definitely mean more than two.
Hodgson has one goal and nine assists in nine games with the Amerks.
The 22-year-old was traded to Buffalo from Vancouver late last season.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4