Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson, currently with AHL Rochester for the NHL lockout, is expected to miss “a couple weeks” with a broken hand, according to Americans coach Ron Rolston.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Hodgson suffered the injury against the Phantoms on Oct. 27 and did play in Friday’s 3-2 shootout victory over Hamilton. But while he skated a regular shift (19:08 of ice time, but just one OT shift), he really was not effective and had just one shot on goal.
Since his game is based on his creativity with the puck, and since the break limits what he can do, “a couple weeks” could definitely mean more than two.
Hodgson has one goal and nine assists in nine games with the Amerks.
The 22-year-old was traded to Buffalo from Vancouver late last season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)