Nov 7, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Sabres forward Cody Hodgson, currently with AHL Rochester for the NHL lockout, is expected to miss “a couple weeks” with a broken hand, according to Americans coach Ron Rolston.
From the Democrat and Chronicle:
Hodgson suffered the injury against the Phantoms on Oct. 27 and did play in Friday’s 3-2 shootout victory over Hamilton. But while he skated a regular shift (19:08 of ice time, but just one OT shift), he really was not effective and had just one shot on goal.
Since his game is based on his creativity with the puck, and since the break limits what he can do, “a couple weeks” could definitely mean more than two.
Hodgson has one goal and nine assists in nine games with the Amerks.
The 22-year-old was traded to Buffalo from Vancouver late last season.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)