Nov 6, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Despite the cautious optimism that’s ushered in this week’s CBA talks, online bookmaker Bovada/Bodog is giving bettors 1/2 odds the NHL will cancel the entire 2012-13 season due to the lockout.
If you think there will still be hockey this year, you can get 3/2 odds.
For what it’s worth, we think there will be hockey this year. The two sides are a lot closer now than they were at this point in 2004 before the season was canceled. Historically pro sports leagues have found a way to solve labor disputes without scuttling the entire schedule.
That said, given the NHL’s history, we wouldn’t bet the house on the season being saved.
The car, maybe.
(But not a nice car.)
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 6
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 33
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona