Nov 6, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Tuesday afternoon in New York, the NHL and NHLPA will kick off the latest stretch of CBA negotiations. The talks will be held at an undisclosed location, apparently to keep the media at bay.
According to the Canadian Press, only the union has committed to providing an update at the end of the day.
Late last week, it was reported the league was willing to fund part or all of the so-called “make whole” provision that would allow current contracts to be paid in full, even under a 50-50 share of revenue.
The players are eager to hear more details on the “make whole” clause; however, there’s a good amount of skepticism that it will lead to a deal.
Other issues include caps on contract lengths and limits on free agency.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33