Nov 4, 2012, 5:15 PM EDT
Manny Malhotra is like most other players affected by the lockout. He’s upset with the owners and he just wants to get out there and play hockey.
As he tells Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun, he’d have other plans if he wasn’t serious about getting back on the ice and getting a new CBA worked out with the owners.
“If we had no desire to get back to the games, we’d be on vacation somewhere stuffing our faces rather than skating and working out every day,” he stated. “To say that guys don’t want to negotiate and get things done would be a wrong statement.”
The players’ resolve hasn’t been questioned at all through this process. If you’re on Twitter and following any of the players, you know they’re involved in the process even to the point of annoyance.
Add to that the number of players who headed overseas to play as well as CBC’s Elliotte Friedman report saying the players want Donald and Steve Fehr to negotiate with the owners more.
Putting that much more effort into the process might be one of the few things to help get a deal done sooner than possible.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)