Nov 3, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Lost in the talk of the NHL apparently looking to own up to their “make whole” proposal as well as the two sides meeting in private today is something CBC’s Elliotte Friedman made note of in his piece yesterday on this.
Friedman says in the union’s conference call with the players on Thursday, the players wanted Donald and Steve Fehr to do more in the way of negotiating with the owners rather than sitting in silence.
Obviously there’s no way to know what the owners are thinking when it comes to the lack of talks, but hearing from the players that they’re looking for more action in negotiations is, at the very least, curious.
The next question is: Will the urgency of the players help get a deal done to get the season started?
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 8
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)