Nov 3, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Lost in the talk of the NHL apparently looking to own up to their “make whole” proposal as well as the two sides meeting in private today is something CBC’s Elliotte Friedman made note of in his piece yesterday on this.
Friedman says in the union’s conference call with the players on Thursday, the players wanted Donald and Steve Fehr to do more in the way of negotiating with the owners rather than sitting in silence.
Obviously there’s no way to know what the owners are thinking when it comes to the lack of talks, but hearing from the players that they’re looking for more action in negotiations is, at the very least, curious.
The next question is: Will the urgency of the players help get a deal done to get the season started?
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)