Nov 3, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Lost in the talk of the NHL apparently looking to own up to their “make whole” proposal as well as the two sides meeting in private today is something CBC’s Elliotte Friedman made note of in his piece yesterday on this.
Friedman says in the union’s conference call with the players on Thursday, the players wanted Donald and Steve Fehr to do more in the way of negotiating with the owners rather than sitting in silence.
Obviously there’s no way to know what the owners are thinking when it comes to the lack of talks, but hearing from the players that they’re looking for more action in negotiations is, at the very least, curious.
The next question is: Will the urgency of the players help get a deal done to get the season started?
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12