Daly, Steve Fehr will meet Saturday

Nov 2, 2012, 11:01 PM EST

Bill Daly AP

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr will meet on Saturday, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.

It’s not clear what they will talk about or why NHLPA boss Donald Fehr and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will not be present. However, this news comes after it was revealed that the NHL is willing to absorb a share of the “make whole” provision that was offered to the players in their previous CBA proposal.

It’s safe to assume that we’ve lost our chance of having a full 82-game season and the 2013 Winter Classic has been canceled. However, there is still time to save the 2012-13 season if the union and league can bridge what’s left of the gap that divides them.

1. aspinaci - Nov 2, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Saying a prayer before bed tonight…

2. bruinsfan19 - Nov 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Same here man

3. mississippimudslinger - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM

but yet the players wont be saying a prayer for you fans before they go to bed at night .

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Who cares?

• millertime30 - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

that might be the first comment of yours that I’ve ever given the thumbs up, joe.. who cares, indeed.

regardless.. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

The fact that the 2 sides are going to meet is a good sign after weeks of CBA purgatory, but far from a guarantee that they’re close to a deal.

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

manchestermiracle, I will not stop supporting the game, ever. I’m a die hard fan, which is why I don’t cheer for a specific team. I do understand both sides have issues to work on. Big business! Big bucks!

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Millertime, no guarantees indeed. I do have hope that the season will start before end of dec. if not, so be it. Que sera sera. We move on to other things.

• manchestermiracle - Nov 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Careful, joey, blomfeld will claim you’re one of the fair-weather fans who should stop supporting the game….

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

4. sportsfan69 - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Don’t count on it.

5. mountainmantride - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Oh come on. Are you NHL fans really this stupid. Let me get this straight, Oh my, gush gush, “We’ve been waiting for the NHL and NHLPA to resume the CBA negotiations for a while and now it looks like it will finally happen.” Ohhhhhh….Finally, yes that’s is finally. Ohhhhhh, if they’d just talk and have donuts and like be nice and say friendly things we’ll have Winter Classic. Oh wait. There is not a Winter Classic. Nope? That’s gone too! Say it ain’t so. I guess I’ll just wear my Joe Sakic jersey to the summer BBQ again. NHL sucks. Get a grip you dumb dicks, this sport has been taking your money for years and you just sit there like the dumb asses you are. Buy another jersey you idiot.

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Hey! mountainmantride, what’s your problem? I’m sure someone here on PHT is willing to listen.

• twallace612 - Nov 3, 2012 at 7:12 AM

WOW man it will be ok when they get this worked out maybe you should go watch volleyball there will be no labor disputes to upset you little guy…

6. therealjr - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Tell Vic Mackey to get this sh*t done!

7. capsfan19 - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Im blaming blomfeld.

• blomfeld - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Friend … I’ve just received a text message from my old friend Stransky who’s currently lecturing in Karl Marx Stadt (ie: he’s a physicist and an expert in forensic causation analysis) and in it he simply said … “Climb Mount Niitaka” ? … not sure what that means, but something’s probably going down here, eh ?

• manchestermiracle - Nov 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

A reference to the attack on Pearl Harbor? That was the message sent to Admiral Nagumo instructing him to open sealed top-secret documents that ordered his attack on Hawai’i. What possible connection could this reference to a “day of infamy” possibly have regarding a childish labor spat?

8. lroc20 - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The deal either gets done this week or thats all folks. Bettman has a special spot reserved for him in hell after all the shananigans he has pulled in his tenure

9. virusgvr - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I really dont even care about it this year. It won’t even be the same if it does return this year.

10. LoyalFan34yrsGoKings - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Mountain man…
    Shut the £%#k up dude!

• blomfeld - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Person A: hey man, who’s this LoyalFan34yrsGoKings guy ?

Person B: I’m not sure friend, but he must be “good people” being a King’s fan and all …

LoyalFan34yrsGoKings – Well said friend. While we all like to have some fun here, the one thing which I detest are these “Agents of Ugliness” who get a kick out of spewing their venom upon fellow posters. So “F U” Mountain Man and “F U” to everyone else too, who’s lost their hope and sense of humor here at PHT !

GO KINGS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LA Kings Battle Manual, Chapter 1, Section 5, Paragraph 3 …

“When the going get’s tough, close rank and press home the attack with even greater zeal !” …

• williplett - Nov 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM

“While we all like to have some fun here, the one thing which I detest are these “Agents of Ugliness” who get a kick out of spewing their venom upon fellow posters.”-blomfeld

That’s a bit hypocritical. You’ve spent a fair share of time calling people who didn’t agree with you “sheep” or “naive” lately and telling certain folks they aren’t “real” fans. Or was that the OTHER blomfeld who posted a you tube vid of “Bah Bah Black Sheep”?

• williplett - Nov 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Also, blomfeld, your countless Fehr=Hitler have done nothing to prove you have a sense of humor.

11. thedavesiknowiknow - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM

12. dannythebisforbeast - Nov 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Bettmans been quiet Be nice if he was being pushed out for misjudging Fehr and the players resolve this time around. Only downside Daly seems like a bald clone

13. jokoneski - Nov 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Who’s this guy???^^^^mountainman^^^^

14. cowboyscanada - Nov 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Sadly, I’m to the point where I really dont care if there is a season or not.

15. mgp1219 - Nov 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I’d like to start a petition to ban blomfeld (and id4joey, since they are the same person). Ban blomfeld!! Ban blomfeld!! Ban joey!! Ban joey!!

16. antkowiak666 - Nov 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM

as long as they start on Dec.1st,in my opinion,a 60 game season will suffice.anything less,they should CANCEL the season.

17. oldcat157 - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I love NHL lockout. ESPN gets to focus on NFL, NBA, and college ball full time. Hockey highlights are a bore. Y’all need to go to Canada and hump a moose. Lmao! I hope they lose at least half the season. The time of year with no baseball and hockey are the best. I’m so happy. Stay locked out, stay locked out , stay locked out… Please. Thanks!

18. id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM

mgp1219, ok. I support the ban if you prove without a shadow of a doubt that we are the same person.

Signed,
    blomfeld ☺

19. oldcat157 - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I will say I prefer soccer over hockey only because soccer does us a favor and plays most games when most of us are sleeping. NHL might want to consider doing the same if they want to be liked more than soccer.

God, if you can hear my prayer, please allow hockey to be locked out until at least the Super Bowl is over. Amen

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Seriously oldcat. You can’t find more pressing issues for your god to work on. C’mon. Try! Name 2 issues your god can work on that is more important than solving the CBA.

• nothanksimdriving123 - Nov 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Actually, since there have been lots and lots of gods and goddesses throughout the history of human religions, there are always a few laying about with little on their agenda. That is why it’s been announced that the Germanic god Thor has been named official god of the NHL lockout. We’ll see how he does. Wish him well on his Phacebook page or email him: hockey.god.thor@ancient-Germanic-religions.org

• nothanksimdriving123 - Nov 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Oh, whoops. That might be the wrong email address, but we promise to have it working by Jan. 1, 2014.

20. ducksk - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Like sting, “I want my NHL”. I watched und vs bu great hockey game but not the NHL. For the sake of my dog, marriage , And beer distributer please bring back NHL. I’m stick of figuring out who to be piss@. We on PHT are obviously passionate about the game and want it back. Rodney King, former lapd punching bag and crack addict “can’t we all just get along, man”

21. ducksk - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I would rather stick a pencil in my eye than watch soccer, ever.

22. oldcat157 - Nov 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I’m asking god NOT to solve the CBA! Lol omfg lmao @ ice soccer. What whining losers. Next year they will have hockey. Relax. Football weekend is here. All is happy in the world. Mooooooooo! :: moose sound:: get it? Canada, moose, mooooo. Lmfao.

• id4joey - Nov 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

What difference does it make? Your praying is idiotic.

23. dhillca - Nov 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Oldcat r u ok man?
    I personally am done waiting for hockey ill miss it after Super Bowl though…..

24. staaltostaal - Nov 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Apparently theyre still meeting…

25. LoyalFan34yrsGoKings - Nov 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Let us pray. Come on PLAY PUCK, Rodney King R.I.P.
    We had a miracle on Manchester indeed. Now how bout one that’s gonna save the season. for us real hockey fans really do care.

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches