Nov 2, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
We’ve been waiting for the NHL and NHLPA to resume the CBA negotiations for a while and now it looks like it will finally happen.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr will meet on Saturday, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
It’s not clear what they will talk about or why NHLPA boss Donald Fehr and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will not be present. However, this news comes after it was revealed that the NHL is willing to absorb a share of the “make whole” provision that was offered to the players in their previous CBA proposal.
It’s safe to assume that we’ve lost our chance of having a full 82-game season and the 2013 Winter Classic has been canceled. However, there is still time to save the 2012-13 season if the union and league can bridge what’s left of the gap that divides them.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)