Nov 2, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting for the NHL and NHLPA to resume the CBA negotiations for a while and now it looks like it will finally happen.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly and NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr will meet on Saturday, according to ESPN and TSN’s Pierre LeBrun.
It’s not clear what they will talk about or why NHLPA boss Donald Fehr and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will not be present. However, this news comes after it was revealed that the NHL is willing to absorb a share of the “make whole” provision that was offered to the players in their previous CBA proposal.
It’s safe to assume that we’ve lost our chance of having a full 82-game season and the 2013 Winter Classic has been canceled. However, there is still time to save the 2012-13 season if the union and league can bridge what’s left of the gap that divides them.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39