Oct 26, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Since he’s not negotiating with Gary Bettman at the moment, some might wonder what exactly Donald Fehr is up to.
The NHLPA head plans on attending a charitable event that doubles as a virtual reunion of the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Cup-winning team tonight, according to RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that Fehr is expected to meet with players and that it’s also anticipated that he’ll attend Minnesota’s own charity-friendly game on Monday to do the same.
For those who joke* that Fehr should be locked in a room with Gary Bettman until the two hash out an agreement, this probably isn’t a very satisfying development.
At least he’s not just eating popcorn and watching “Frankenweenie” on Friday night, though.
* – Assuming they’re joking, of course …
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 8
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)