Oct 26, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Since he’s not negotiating with Gary Bettman at the moment, some might wonder what exactly Donald Fehr is up to.
The NHLPA head plans on attending a charitable event that doubles as a virtual reunion of the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Cup-winning team tonight, according to RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that Fehr is expected to meet with players and that it’s also anticipated that he’ll attend Minnesota’s own charity-friendly game on Monday to do the same.
For those who joke* that Fehr should be locked in a room with Gary Bettman until the two hash out an agreement, this probably isn’t a very satisfying development.
At least he’s not just eating popcorn and watching “Frankenweenie” on Friday night, though.
* – Assuming they’re joking, of course …
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54