Oct 26, 2012, 6:09 PM EST
Since he’s not negotiating with Gary Bettman at the moment, some might wonder what exactly Donald Fehr is up to.
The NHLPA head plans on attending a charitable event that doubles as a virtual reunion of the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Cup-winning team tonight, according to RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that Fehr is expected to meet with players and that it’s also anticipated that he’ll attend Minnesota’s own charity-friendly game on Monday to do the same.
For those who joke* that Fehr should be locked in a room with Gary Bettman until the two hash out an agreement, this probably isn’t a very satisfying development.
At least he’s not just eating popcorn and watching “Frankenweenie” on Friday night, though.
* – Assuming they’re joking, of course …
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 5
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 71
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)