Oct 12, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
On Sunday, Oct. 28, over 20 NHL players will participate in a charity game at the University of Minnesota to raise funds for Defending The Blue Line, an organization ensuring children of military members can participate in the game of hockey.
It promises to be a star-studded affair.
George Parros, Clayton Stoner, Keith Ballard, Davis Drewiske, Jack Hillen, Stu Bickel, Darroll Powe, Justin Braun, Erik Johnson, Blake Wheeler, James Van Riemsdyk, Mikko Koivu, Stephane Veilleux, Mike Lundin, Chris Porter, Kyle Okposo, Paul Martin, Kyle Brodziak, Jim O’Brien, Cal Clutterbuck and Ryan Carter.
Now, for the interesting part — the date of the game is, as you might’ve noticed, Oct. 28…yet the NHL has only canceled games through Oct. 24.
Defending The Blue Line has addressed this issue:
In the event the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL & NHLPA is settled prior to the event, DTBL reserves the right to provide an alternate game, or convert the monies spent on event tickets to a charitable donation to DTBL.
Player list will be subject to change pending players taking contracts in Europe or other markets.
So there’s the disclaimer.
At same time, you have to wonder where the players’ heads are at with regards to a deal getting done, given that 22 of them have verbally committed to playing on the 28th.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)