Oct 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
A collection of Russian junior players will play six games over an 11-day span in November against various CHL All-Star teams, and it’s a collection featuring a boatload of talent.
Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov and Buffalo’s Mikhail Grigorenko highlight a Team Russia roster that also includes highly-touted Boston prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, Kings prospect Nikolay Prokhorkin and Andrey Vasilevskiy, the goaltender taken 19th overall at the 2012 NHL draft by Tampa Bay.
Team Russia will play against Team QMJHL on Nov. 5and 7, then take on Team OHL on Nov. 8 and 12 . From there, it’s off to British Columbia to face Team WHL on Nov. 14 and 15.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)