Oct 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
A collection of Russian junior players will play six games over an 11-day span in November against various CHL All-Star teams, and it’s a collection featuring a boatload of talent.
Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov and Buffalo’s Mikhail Grigorenko highlight a Team Russia roster that also includes highly-touted Boston prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, Kings prospect Nikolay Prokhorkin and Andrey Vasilevskiy, the goaltender taken 19th overall at the 2012 NHL draft by Tampa Bay.
Team Russia will play against Team QMJHL on Nov. 5and 7, then take on Team OHL on Nov. 8 and 12 . From there, it’s off to British Columbia to face Team WHL on Nov. 14 and 15.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)