Oct 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
A collection of Russian junior players will play six games over an 11-day span in November against various CHL All-Star teams, and it’s a collection featuring a boatload of talent.
Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov and Buffalo’s Mikhail Grigorenko highlight a Team Russia roster that also includes highly-touted Boston prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, Kings prospect Nikolay Prokhorkin and Andrey Vasilevskiy, the goaltender taken 19th overall at the 2012 NHL draft by Tampa Bay.
Team Russia will play against Team QMJHL on Nov. 5and 7, then take on Team OHL on Nov. 8 and 12 . From there, it’s off to British Columbia to face Team WHL on Nov. 14 and 15.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)