Oct 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
A collection of Russian junior players will play six games over an 11-day span in November against various CHL All-Star teams, and it’s a collection featuring a boatload of talent.
Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov and Buffalo’s Mikhail Grigorenko highlight a Team Russia roster that also includes highly-touted Boston prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, Kings prospect Nikolay Prokhorkin and Andrey Vasilevskiy, the goaltender taken 19th overall at the 2012 NHL draft by Tampa Bay.
Team Russia will play against Team QMJHL on Nov. 5and 7, then take on Team OHL on Nov. 8 and 12 . From there, it’s off to British Columbia to face Team WHL on Nov. 14 and 15.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 26
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)