Oct 25, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
A collection of Russian junior players will play six games over an 11-day span in November against various CHL All-Star teams, and it’s a collection featuring a boatload of talent.
Edmonton’s Nail Yakupov and Buffalo’s Mikhail Grigorenko highlight a Team Russia roster that also includes highly-touted Boston prospect Alexander Khokhlachev, Kings prospect Nikolay Prokhorkin and Andrey Vasilevskiy, the goaltender taken 19th overall at the 2012 NHL draft by Tampa Bay.
Team Russia will play against Team QMJHL on Nov. 5and 7, then take on Team OHL on Nov. 8 and 12 . From there, it’s off to British Columbia to face Team WHL on Nov. 14 and 15.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)