Oct 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced its roster for the 2012 Subway Series vs. Team Russia on Monday and, to nobody’s surprise, Jonathan Huberdeau has made the cut.
Florida’s prized prospect — taken third overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — has gotten off to a tremendous start with the Saint John Sea Dogs, posting 15 points in his first 10 games.
The skillful left winger has participated in each of the last two Subway Series, including the 2010 event that saw him skate alongside Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier.
Huberdeau is expected to join the Florida lineup once the NHL season gets underway.
As for the other big name in the Subway Series? That’s Nathan McKinnon, the Halifax Mooseheads forward pegged by many to be the No. 1 overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
MacKinnon, 17, is from the same province (Nova Scotia) as Sidney Crosby and has drawn many comparisons thanks in large part to his scoring prowess. He has 17 points in his first 10 games of the season and is coming off a rookie QMJHL campaign that saw him net 31G-47A-78PTS in 58 regular season games.
For the full QMJHL roster for the Subway Series, click here.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)