Oct 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced its roster for the 2012 Subway Series vs. Team Russia on Monday and, to nobody’s surprise, Jonathan Huberdeau has made the cut.
Florida’s prized prospect — taken third overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — has gotten off to a tremendous start with the Saint John Sea Dogs, posting 15 points in his first 10 games.
The skillful left winger has participated in each of the last two Subway Series, including the 2010 event that saw him skate alongside Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier.
Huberdeau is expected to join the Florida lineup once the NHL season gets underway.
As for the other big name in the Subway Series? That’s Nathan McKinnon, the Halifax Mooseheads forward pegged by many to be the No. 1 overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
MacKinnon, 17, is from the same province (Nova Scotia) as Sidney Crosby and has drawn many comparisons thanks in large part to his scoring prowess. He has 17 points in his first 10 games of the season and is coming off a rookie QMJHL campaign that saw him net 31G-47A-78PTS in 58 regular season games.
For the full QMJHL roster for the Subway Series, click here.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)