Oct 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced its roster for the 2012 Subway Series vs. Team Russia on Monday and, to nobody’s surprise, Jonathan Huberdeau has made the cut.
Florida’s prized prospect — taken third overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — has gotten off to a tremendous start with the Saint John Sea Dogs, posting 15 points in his first 10 games.
The skillful left winger has participated in each of the last two Subway Series, including the 2010 event that saw him skate alongside Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier.
Huberdeau is expected to join the Florida lineup once the NHL season gets underway.
As for the other big name in the Subway Series? That’s Nathan McKinnon, the Halifax Mooseheads forward pegged by many to be the No. 1 overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
MacKinnon, 17, is from the same province (Nova Scotia) as Sidney Crosby and has drawn many comparisons thanks in large part to his scoring prowess. He has 17 points in his first 10 games of the season and is coming off a rookie QMJHL campaign that saw him net 31G-47A-78PTS in 58 regular season games.
For the full QMJHL roster for the Subway Series, click here.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)