Oct 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced its roster for the 2012 Subway Series vs. Team Russia on Monday and, to nobody’s surprise, Jonathan Huberdeau has made the cut.
Florida’s prized prospect — taken third overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft — has gotten off to a tremendous start with the Saint John Sea Dogs, posting 15 points in his first 10 games.
The skillful left winger has participated in each of the last two Subway Series, including the 2010 event that saw him skate alongside Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier.
Huberdeau is expected to join the Florida lineup once the NHL season gets underway.
As for the other big name in the Subway Series? That’s Nathan McKinnon, the Halifax Mooseheads forward pegged by many to be the No. 1 overall selection at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
MacKinnon, 17, is from the same province (Nova Scotia) as Sidney Crosby and has drawn many comparisons thanks in large part to his scoring prowess. He has 17 points in his first 10 games of the season and is coming off a rookie QMJHL campaign that saw him net 31G-47A-78PTS in 58 regular season games.
For the full QMJHL roster for the Subway Series, click here.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination