Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 AM EST
EC Red Bull Salzburg is at it again.
The news was first reported on the Red Bull website. Clarkson and his family arrived in Salzburg on Wednesday, and he’ll begin training with the team later tonight.
“I’m still a little tired after the long flight, but I’m looking forward to this new chapter in my career and to playing in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga,” Clarkson told Redbull.com.
The 28-year-old forward is coming off a career year with the Devils, recording 30G-16A-46PTS in 80 games last year.
Clarkson was also a vital contributor to New Jersey’s Stanley Cup playoff run, netting 3G-9A-12PTS in 24 games — with all three goals being of the game-winning variety.
The signing now makes Red Bull a formidable force in the Austrian league. Prior to inking Clarkson and Enstrom the club already had a slew of ex-NHLers on the roster — Alex Auld, Rob Davison, Ross Lupaschuk, Steve Regier and Justin DiBenedetto.
Salzburg has been a dominant force in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga as of late, winning four league titles since 2007.
(Image courtesy Red Bull Salzburg)
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)