Oct 24, 2012, 10:48 AM EDT
EC Red Bull Salzburg is at it again.
The news was first reported on the Red Bull website. Clarkson and his family arrived in Salzburg on Wednesday, and he’ll begin training with the team later tonight.
“I’m still a little tired after the long flight, but I’m looking forward to this new chapter in my career and to playing in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga,” Clarkson told Redbull.com.
The 28-year-old forward is coming off a career year with the Devils, recording 30G-16A-46PTS in 80 games last year.
Clarkson was also a vital contributor to New Jersey’s Stanley Cup playoff run, netting 3G-9A-12PTS in 24 games — with all three goals being of the game-winning variety.
The signing now makes Red Bull a formidable force in the Austrian league. Prior to inking Clarkson and Enstrom the club already had a slew of ex-NHLers on the roster — Alex Auld, Rob Davison, Ross Lupaschuk, Steve Regier and Justin DiBenedetto.
Salzburg has been a dominant force in the Erste Bank Eishockey Liga as of late, winning four league titles since 2007.
(Image courtesy Red Bull Salzburg)
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 1
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 2
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)