Oct 20, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
While the NHL did their part in making their proposal to the players public this week, the NHLPA is doing the same in a roundabout sort of way.
NHLPA Executive Director Donald Fehr’s letter to the players was made public and in it he outlines each of the three proposals the union made to the owners on Thursday. In that letter, he makes sure to get a shot or two in at Gary Bettman and the NHL for their proposal.
Our hope was that the owners would find one of these three approaches worthy of serious discussion, but the owners rejected these ideas in less than 15 minutes, and further advised the players that their last offer was, in essence, a take it or leave it offer, subject to “tweaks only”.
Note that the league never said their offer was of the “take it or leave it” variety, but their outright rejection of their three proposals showed they weren’t too interested in what the players had to say. The harsh rhetoric from both sides is getting to be a bit much.
If you’re a fan of the numbers and want to see how the players broke it all down, ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun tabled it out for easier digestion.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)