Oct 17, 2012, 10:36 AM EST
In a bold and unprecedented move, the NHL has released the details of its collective bargaining proposal made to the NHLPA.
The league’s reason for doing so, in full:
Following is the full text of the NHL’s offer for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement in order to preserve a full, 82-game season that the National Hockey League presented Tuesday to the NHL Players’ Association (along with the accompanying commentary and descriptions also provided to the NHLPA).
While the original intention was not to release the details of the offer publicly, not surprisingly there have been widespread reports attempting to describe and characterize the terms of the offer that understandably are incomplete.
As a result, we believe that full public disclosure at this stage is both necessary and appropriate.
The details of such a complex proposal are lengthy — click here to read the document in full — but it did go a long way in clarifying a number of the issues that came out in the aftermath of yesterday’s NHL-NHLPA meeting.
That said, many have expressed concern that the NHL pulling such a move — which could be construed as PR spin — might hurt some of the positive momentum made on Tuesday in terms of negotiating and “good faith” among the two sides.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)