Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s easy to get pessimistic about the CBA negotiations when the day-to-day news is less than encouraging, but ultimately we might just be one very good day away from a resolution. The question is when that day will be.
Wayne Gretzky has believed for quite some time that we’d get a 2012-13 season and the recent gridlock hasn’t altered his viewpoint.
At the same time, we’ve already lost meaningful games and TSN’s Darren Dreger said that the next wave of canceled games could come as early as next week and be “much bigger” than the last round of scrapped contests.
So what’s your take? Do you think the NHL season will start in the not too distant future? Will there even be a 2012-13 campaign?
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)