Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
It’s easy to get pessimistic about the CBA negotiations when the day-to-day news is less than encouraging, but ultimately we might just be one very good day away from a resolution. The question is when that day will be.
Wayne Gretzky has believed for quite some time that we’d get a 2012-13 season and the recent gridlock hasn’t altered his viewpoint.
At the same time, we’ve already lost meaningful games and TSN’s Darren Dreger said that the next wave of canceled games could come as early as next week and be “much bigger” than the last round of scrapped contests.
So what’s your take? Do you think the NHL season will start in the not too distant future? Will there even be a 2012-13 campaign?
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)