Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s easy to get pessimistic about the CBA negotiations when the day-to-day news is less than encouraging, but ultimately we might just be one very good day away from a resolution. The question is when that day will be.
Wayne Gretzky has believed for quite some time that we’d get a 2012-13 season and the recent gridlock hasn’t altered his viewpoint.
At the same time, we’ve already lost meaningful games and TSN’s Darren Dreger said that the next wave of canceled games could come as early as next week and be “much bigger” than the last round of scrapped contests.
So what’s your take? Do you think the NHL season will start in the not too distant future? Will there even be a 2012-13 campaign?
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 11
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)