Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
It’s easy to get pessimistic about the CBA negotiations when the day-to-day news is less than encouraging, but ultimately we might just be one very good day away from a resolution. The question is when that day will be.
Wayne Gretzky has believed for quite some time that we’d get a 2012-13 season and the recent gridlock hasn’t altered his viewpoint.
At the same time, we’ve already lost meaningful games and TSN’s Darren Dreger said that the next wave of canceled games could come as early as next week and be “much bigger” than the last round of scrapped contests.
So what’s your take? Do you think the NHL season will start in the not too distant future? Will there even be a 2012-13 campaign?
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)