Oct 13, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
It’s easy to get pessimistic about the CBA negotiations when the day-to-day news is less than encouraging, but ultimately we might just be one very good day away from a resolution. The question is when that day will be.
Wayne Gretzky has believed for quite some time that we’d get a 2012-13 season and the recent gridlock hasn’t altered his viewpoint.
At the same time, we’ve already lost meaningful games and TSN’s Darren Dreger said that the next wave of canceled games could come as early as next week and be “much bigger” than the last round of scrapped contests.
So what’s your take? Do you think the NHL season will start in the not too distant future? Will there even be a 2012-13 campaign?
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)