Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins shot back at Don Cherry today after the bombastic commentator took to Twitter yesterday and ripped the Maple Leafs organization for the way it’s treated prospect Nazem Kadri.
“[Cherry’s] comments yesterday I can shake my head at them,” said Eakins, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel. “I know what the truth is, I know what I believe in. And listen, he’s a strong-willed guy; I’m sure he believes in everything that he had somebody type for him.”
Eakins added that he’s never seen Cherry at a Marlies game or practice, and that Cherry has never knocked on Eakins’ door to say hello.
“I invite Don to come on down,” he said.
Cherry took issue with the Leafs organization, which includes the AHL Marlies, after Eakins told reporters Friday that Kadri’s body fat percentage was “unacceptable.”
“I have never in my life seen a kid treated like Nazem Kadri by the Leafs,” Cherry tweeted (or, if you believe Eakins, had someone tweet for him.)
“If anyone wants to get a blue print on how to destroy someone, just follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 14
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 24
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)