Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins shot back at Don Cherry today after the bombastic commentator took to Twitter yesterday and ripped the Maple Leafs organization for the way it’s treated prospect Nazem Kadri.
“[Cherry’s] comments yesterday I can shake my head at them,” said Eakins, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel. “I know what the truth is, I know what I believe in. And listen, he’s a strong-willed guy; I’m sure he believes in everything that he had somebody type for him.”
Eakins added that he’s never seen Cherry at a Marlies game or practice, and that Cherry has never knocked on Eakins’ door to say hello.
“I invite Don to come on down,” he said.
Cherry took issue with the Leafs organization, which includes the AHL Marlies, after Eakins told reporters Friday that Kadri’s body fat percentage was “unacceptable.”
“I have never in my life seen a kid treated like Nazem Kadri by the Leafs,” Cherry tweeted (or, if you believe Eakins, had someone tweet for him.)
“If anyone wants to get a blue print on how to destroy someone, just follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)