Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins shot back at Don Cherry today after the bombastic commentator took to Twitter yesterday and ripped the Maple Leafs organization for the way it’s treated prospect Nazem Kadri.
“[Cherry’s] comments yesterday I can shake my head at them,” said Eakins, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel. “I know what the truth is, I know what I believe in. And listen, he’s a strong-willed guy; I’m sure he believes in everything that he had somebody type for him.”
Eakins added that he’s never seen Cherry at a Marlies game or practice, and that Cherry has never knocked on Eakins’ door to say hello.
“I invite Don to come on down,” he said.
Cherry took issue with the Leafs organization, which includes the AHL Marlies, after Eakins told reporters Friday that Kadri’s body fat percentage was “unacceptable.”
“I have never in my life seen a kid treated like Nazem Kadri by the Leafs,” Cherry tweeted (or, if you believe Eakins, had someone tweet for him.)
“If anyone wants to get a blue print on how to destroy someone, just follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63