Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins shot back at Don Cherry today after the bombastic commentator took to Twitter yesterday and ripped the Maple Leafs organization for the way it’s treated prospect Nazem Kadri.
“[Cherry’s] comments yesterday I can shake my head at them,” said Eakins, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel. “I know what the truth is, I know what I believe in. And listen, he’s a strong-willed guy; I’m sure he believes in everything that he had somebody type for him.”
Eakins added that he’s never seen Cherry at a Marlies game or practice, and that Cherry has never knocked on Eakins’ door to say hello.
“I invite Don to come on down,” he said.
Cherry took issue with the Leafs organization, which includes the AHL Marlies, after Eakins told reporters Friday that Kadri’s body fat percentage was “unacceptable.”
“I have never in my life seen a kid treated like Nazem Kadri by the Leafs,” Cherry tweeted (or, if you believe Eakins, had someone tweet for him.)
“If anyone wants to get a blue print on how to destroy someone, just follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)