Oct 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins shot back at Don Cherry today after the bombastic commentator took to Twitter yesterday and ripped the Maple Leafs organization for the way it’s treated prospect Nazem Kadri.
“[Cherry’s] comments yesterday I can shake my head at them,” said Eakins, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel. “I know what the truth is, I know what I believe in. And listen, he’s a strong-willed guy; I’m sure he believes in everything that he had somebody type for him.”
Eakins added that he’s never seen Cherry at a Marlies game or practice, and that Cherry has never knocked on Eakins’ door to say hello.
“I invite Don to come on down,” he said.
Cherry took issue with the Leafs organization, which includes the AHL Marlies, after Eakins told reporters Friday that Kadri’s body fat percentage was “unacceptable.”
“I have never in my life seen a kid treated like Nazem Kadri by the Leafs,” Cherry tweeted (or, if you believe Eakins, had someone tweet for him.)
“If anyone wants to get a blue print on how to destroy someone, just follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21