Sep 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
The Toronto media got a nice little present Friday when Nazem Kadri’s fitness was openly called into question by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins.
“His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable,” Eakins said, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
Kadri, 21, was taken seventh overall in the 2009 draft and has spent the last two seasons shuttling back and forth between the AHL and NHL.
This past summer, in an effort to get leaner and stronger, he trained with fitness guru Gary Roberts.
In fact, Kadri said he trained so hard he was thinking of treating himself to a burger once the fitness testing part of camp was over.
While he’ll probably hold off on that burger and admitted his body fat could’ve been lower, Kadri said he was “happy” with his overall fitness testing.
So I guess we can add "the buffet" to the list of things Nazem Kadri's one toe-drag move can't get past at the pro level.—
Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) September 28, 2012
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2