Sep 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
The Toronto media got a nice little present Friday when Nazem Kadri’s fitness was openly called into question by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins.
“His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable,” Eakins said, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
Kadri, 21, was taken seventh overall in the 2009 draft and has spent the last two seasons shuttling back and forth between the AHL and NHL.
This past summer, in an effort to get leaner and stronger, he trained with fitness guru Gary Roberts.
In fact, Kadri said he trained so hard he was thinking of treating himself to a burger once the fitness testing part of camp was over.
While he’ll probably hold off on that burger and admitted his body fat could’ve been lower, Kadri said he was “happy” with his overall fitness testing.
So I guess we can add "the buffet" to the list of things Nazem Kadri's one toe-drag move can't get past at the pro level.—
Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) September 28, 2012
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)