Sep 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
The Toronto media got a nice little present Friday when Nazem Kadri’s fitness was openly called into question by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins.
“His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable,” Eakins said, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
Kadri, 21, was taken seventh overall in the 2009 draft and has spent the last two seasons shuttling back and forth between the AHL and NHL.
This past summer, in an effort to get leaner and stronger, he trained with fitness guru Gary Roberts.
In fact, Kadri said he trained so hard he was thinking of treating himself to a burger once the fitness testing part of camp was over.
While he’ll probably hold off on that burger and admitted his body fat could’ve been lower, Kadri said he was “happy” with his overall fitness testing.
So I guess we can add "the buffet" to the list of things Nazem Kadri's one toe-drag move can't get past at the pro level.—
Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) September 28, 2012
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)