Sep 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
The Toronto media got a nice little present Friday when Nazem Kadri’s fitness was openly called into question by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins.
“His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable,” Eakins said, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
Kadri, 21, was taken seventh overall in the 2009 draft and has spent the last two seasons shuttling back and forth between the AHL and NHL.
This past summer, in an effort to get leaner and stronger, he trained with fitness guru Gary Roberts.
In fact, Kadri said he trained so hard he was thinking of treating himself to a burger once the fitness testing part of camp was over.
While he’ll probably hold off on that burger and admitted his body fat could’ve been lower, Kadri said he was “happy” with his overall fitness testing.
So I guess we can add "the buffet" to the list of things Nazem Kadri's one toe-drag move can't get past at the pro level.—
Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) September 28, 2012
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5