Sep 28, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
The Toronto media got a nice little present Friday when Nazem Kadri’s fitness was openly called into question by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins.
“His body fat today is probably in the bottom three to five guys in our whole camp and that’s unacceptable,” Eakins said, as per TSN’s Jonas Siegel.
Kadri, 21, was taken seventh overall in the 2009 draft and has spent the last two seasons shuttling back and forth between the AHL and NHL.
This past summer, in an effort to get leaner and stronger, he trained with fitness guru Gary Roberts.
In fact, Kadri said he trained so hard he was thinking of treating himself to a burger once the fitness testing part of camp was over.
While he’ll probably hold off on that burger and admitted his body fat could’ve been lower, Kadri said he was “happy” with his overall fitness testing.
So I guess we can add "the buffet" to the list of things Nazem Kadri's one toe-drag move can't get past at the pro level.—
Down Goes Brown (@DownGoesBrown) September 28, 2012
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18