Oct 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
One of the clubs from Switzerland’s Tier 2 National League B has made a splash, agreeing to terms with Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and bringing on Alexei Kovalev to train with the team.
HC RedIce — based in the southern city of Martigny — has signed Hornqvist to a one-month deal, according to the National League website. The 25-year-old Swede has been one of Nashville’s most consistent goalscorers over the last three years, averaging 26 per season while posting a career-high 30 in 2009-10.
RedIce also made waves by bringing in the 39-year-old Kovalev, who was in the news this past August when he announced his intentions for an NHL comeback — a trail that will apparently begin in Martigny.
Here’s a fun Google translation of a Le Matin article on Kovalev:
The director of neo-promoted LNB, Andrey Nazheskin has also unveiled a new which had the effect of making a small bomb in the locker room led by Albert Malgin. Alexei Kovalev (39) is about to take his luggage to the Forum to keep in shape! “He was looking for a place to train and it comes to us this week again, time for him to rule his situation. But we did not have the means to engage, “says Andrey Nazheskin.
The man with 1425 parts of NHL (1124 points) with the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Ottawa has spent a season KHL complicated to Atlant Mytishchi (22 matches only). “Now, he seeks to find employment in the NHL to continue his career,” says director of neo-promoted.
“The effect of making a small bomb in the locker room.” Awesome.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)