Oct 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
One of the clubs from Switzerland’s Tier 2 National League B has made a splash, agreeing to terms with Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and bringing on Alexei Kovalev to train with the team.
HC RedIce — based in the southern city of Martigny — has signed Hornqvist to a one-month deal, according to the National League website. The 25-year-old Swede has been one of Nashville’s most consistent goalscorers over the last three years, averaging 26 per season while posting a career-high 30 in 2009-10.
RedIce also made waves by bringing in the 39-year-old Kovalev, who was in the news this past August when he announced his intentions for an NHL comeback — a trail that will apparently begin in Martigny.
Here’s a fun Google translation of a Le Matin article on Kovalev:
The director of neo-promoted LNB, Andrey Nazheskin has also unveiled a new which had the effect of making a small bomb in the locker room led by Albert Malgin. Alexei Kovalev (39) is about to take his luggage to the Forum to keep in shape! “He was looking for a place to train and it comes to us this week again, time for him to rule his situation. But we did not have the means to engage, “says Andrey Nazheskin.
The man with 1425 parts of NHL (1124 points) with the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Ottawa has spent a season KHL complicated to Atlant Mytishchi (22 matches only). “Now, he seeks to find employment in the NHL to continue his career,” says director of neo-promoted.
“The effect of making a small bomb in the locker room.” Awesome.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)