Oct 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
One of the clubs from Switzerland’s Tier 2 National League B has made a splash, agreeing to terms with Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and bringing on Alexei Kovalev to train with the team.
HC RedIce — based in the southern city of Martigny — has signed Hornqvist to a one-month deal, according to the National League website. The 25-year-old Swede has been one of Nashville’s most consistent goalscorers over the last three years, averaging 26 per season while posting a career-high 30 in 2009-10.
RedIce also made waves by bringing in the 39-year-old Kovalev, who was in the news this past August when he announced his intentions for an NHL comeback — a trail that will apparently begin in Martigny.
Here’s a fun Google translation of a Le Matin article on Kovalev:
The director of neo-promoted LNB, Andrey Nazheskin has also unveiled a new which had the effect of making a small bomb in the locker room led by Albert Malgin. Alexei Kovalev (39) is about to take his luggage to the Forum to keep in shape! “He was looking for a place to train and it comes to us this week again, time for him to rule his situation. But we did not have the means to engage, “says Andrey Nazheskin.
The man with 1425 parts of NHL (1124 points) with the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Ottawa has spent a season KHL complicated to Atlant Mytishchi (22 matches only). “Now, he seeks to find employment in the NHL to continue his career,” says director of neo-promoted.
“The effect of making a small bomb in the locker room.” Awesome.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)