Oct 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
One of the clubs from Switzerland’s Tier 2 National League B has made a splash, agreeing to terms with Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and bringing on Alexei Kovalev to train with the team.
HC RedIce — based in the southern city of Martigny — has signed Hornqvist to a one-month deal, according to the National League website. The 25-year-old Swede has been one of Nashville’s most consistent goalscorers over the last three years, averaging 26 per season while posting a career-high 30 in 2009-10.
RedIce also made waves by bringing in the 39-year-old Kovalev, who was in the news this past August when he announced his intentions for an NHL comeback — a trail that will apparently begin in Martigny.
Here’s a fun Google translation of a Le Matin article on Kovalev:
The director of neo-promoted LNB, Andrey Nazheskin has also unveiled a new which had the effect of making a small bomb in the locker room led by Albert Malgin. Alexei Kovalev (39) is about to take his luggage to the Forum to keep in shape! “He was looking for a place to train and it comes to us this week again, time for him to rule his situation. But we did not have the means to engage, “says Andrey Nazheskin.
The man with 1425 parts of NHL (1124 points) with the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Ottawa has spent a season KHL complicated to Atlant Mytishchi (22 matches only). “Now, he seeks to find employment in the NHL to continue his career,” says director of neo-promoted.
“The effect of making a small bomb in the locker room.” Awesome.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)