Oct 2, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
One of the clubs from Switzerland’s Tier 2 National League B has made a splash, agreeing to terms with Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist and bringing on Alexei Kovalev to train with the team.
HC RedIce — based in the southern city of Martigny — has signed Hornqvist to a one-month deal, according to the National League website. The 25-year-old Swede has been one of Nashville’s most consistent goalscorers over the last three years, averaging 26 per season while posting a career-high 30 in 2009-10.
RedIce also made waves by bringing in the 39-year-old Kovalev, who was in the news this past August when he announced his intentions for an NHL comeback — a trail that will apparently begin in Martigny.
Here’s a fun Google translation of a Le Matin article on Kovalev:
The director of neo-promoted LNB, Andrey Nazheskin has also unveiled a new which had the effect of making a small bomb in the locker room led by Albert Malgin. Alexei Kovalev (39) is about to take his luggage to the Forum to keep in shape! “He was looking for a place to train and it comes to us this week again, time for him to rule his situation. But we did not have the means to engage, “says Andrey Nazheskin.
The man with 1425 parts of NHL (1124 points) with the New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Ottawa has spent a season KHL complicated to Atlant Mytishchi (22 matches only). “Now, he seeks to find employment in the NHL to continue his career,” says director of neo-promoted.
“The effect of making a small bomb in the locker room.” Awesome.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)